Been a long time since I've been on here...having a few problems

stephp77
on 8/5/09 2:09 am - Sioux Falls, SD
Boy has it been a LONG time since I've been on here.   I am having a few problems. First let me say that in November I will be 2 years out. Second, as some of you may remember, I had complained like several others on here about the care that I was receiving (or lack of care to be more technical) after my surgeon moved to another state and another doctor in the hospital took over my surgeon’s patients (and had his own on top of it).  That lead to too numerous problems to list. I did end up switching doctors in January 2009.  I called my insurance company and was assured this doctor was in network and that I could continue to receive treatment as I had before. Well unfortunately that didn’t turn out to be the case. Yes the doctor is in my network but no I do not have a benefit for weight loss treatment.  While I know this is true as of January 2008, I did continue to seek treatment with my old doctor/other doctor that took over until November 2008 and insurance did pay for everything.  I have been seen 4-5 times by my new doctor and for some unknown reason insurance has paid 1-2 of the visits and denied the others for lack of that benefit.  I appealed asking why the others were paid with my old and new doctors to no avail.  I really don’t understand why they would pay for some visits and not others.  I know that what was done during each visit was the same. I’m sure that it has something to do with the way that different coders are billing my insurance but I can’t seem to find that out.  I have repeated asked for each date of service diagnosis code and CPT code but no one will seem to give that to me.  I have been told that I need to speak to this person but then when I do I am told no it’s that person and on and on.  I did very recently speak to a “senior" representative despite asking for a supervisor when I called billing again.  She did give me the DX and CPT codes, which confirmed they were billed differently.  Unfortunately she could only send my information to be reviewed, have my records pulled, and CHECK to see if they could be rebilled to insurance.  So I still don’t know if any of the bills will be resubmitted to insurance let alone if any of the bills will be paid. Having said all that I cannot afford to see the doctor until I know insurance will pay for it.   As I previously stated I was receiving the care I needed at my old surgeon’s office.  Between the surgery and my 1 year anniversary I lost 35 pounds give or take.  I know that not all of this is from not receiving proper care and that some of it falls on me and my falling off the wagon as far as what foods I am eating. After switching doctors I had been given 2 fills. The first was good.  The second was too much. I lost way to much weight in a short period of time (15 pounds from Tuesday to Saturday).  I ended up in the hospital for 2 days with severe dehydration and a big lack in thiamine as I was having a lot problems with my legs and was barely able to stand up.  Needless to say the doctor took out that fill to get me back to a point where we knew I could eat and drink and not get sick.  This was about the time where insurance started denying claims so I have yet to go in and get another adjustment.  I know I need it because I can eat more than I should and I did gain some of that 15 pounds back (but not all).     I am also having problems with a lot of MAJOR heartburn. Antacid has become my new best friend it seems.  I am also hiccupping a lot and it hurts.   I’m not sure what to do.  I can’t financially afford to see the doctor until I know what the outcome is of the bills.  I need to get rid of the heartburn. I also need help getting back on the food wagon and following all those types of rules.   Someone, anyone, please help. I am lost.  I don’t even know where to begin.

Stephanie
Sioux Falls, SD

Height:  5'5.5"; Beginning weight 253
Educational seminar - 09/05/07; First consult - 09/17/07; Insurance rec'd submission - 10/01/07; Insurance approved - 10/05/07; Surgery - 11/21/07 (253 pounds of the morning of surgery); Mini goal met of down to 225 - 12/23/07.

twins4us
on 8/6/09 2:26 pm
I was also in the same boat that you were in but I only lost about 15 lbs.  The only person that ever did a fill after the original dr. left was a resident.  I switched to another dr. that is absolutely wonderful.  I just had a rny and the whole experience was 100% better than my creighton experience.  I had much less pain with the rny than I did with the band.  i would go to dr.f and have him unfill the band and they should not charge you.  Good Luck
stephp77
on 8/8/09 11:27 am - Sioux Falls, SD
I don't go to Dr. Forse.  The last time I was at Creighton in November.  I like Dr. Winterstein although I am still having the problems above.

Stephanie
Sioux Falls, SD

Height:  5'5.5"; Beginning weight 253
Educational seminar - 09/05/07; First consult - 09/17/07; Insurance rec'd submission - 10/01/07; Insurance approved - 10/05/07; Surgery - 11/21/07 (253 pounds of the morning of surgery); Mini goal met of down to 225 - 12/23/07.

monymony
on 8/13/09 12:52 am
Hi, you need to call your surgeon and get some acid reducing medicine. Has your surgeon talked to you about finding out  what is causing your problems? You may need to have an endoscopy to see what is going on. Sometimes you have to be a squeaky wheel to get what you need done. Good luck. Mona

Veteran Bandster 2002

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Newbie Question
elowe · 0 replies · 4733 views
Insurance
Tashac · 1 replies · 5895 views
Party Time!
monymony · 0 replies · 6230 views
NE health care exchanges
dhomaha · 0 replies · 6301 views