4 years out!

Charline M.
on 2/25/16 6:39 pm
VSG on 02/23/12

Well, I haven't been here in ages.  I've been so busy that sometimes I forget to keep in touch. 

Things have been going well for those of you *****member me.  I celebrated 4 years post-op this week and am going to get a tummy tuck and breast lift next week.

I see everyone so anxious to have your surgeries and I remember well being there.  Don't waste your time waiting, get informed on the surgery that is best for you.  I was originally approved for a Duodenal Swit*****uebec but decided to have the VSG in Bathurst instead.

205lbs less here is where I'm at.  Started at 343.8lbs and am currently holding at around 138lbs. 

When I say patience is a virtue, it's true.  When you speak with the nurses, always be polite, you talk to one or two, they talk to hundreds of us.  As the surgery gets better and better, I am convinced that more surgeons will be available.  Any little change you can make before surgery will help.  Don't forget that if everyone who is waiting is on all 4 lists it bogs the lists down more, but when one person moves, unless they contact the other 3 offices, they will remain on that list until it's their turn.  Happened to me....and I hadn't realized to call the other...just an fyi.

Please don't forget, surgery will fix your physical stomach and force you to eat small portions, but after 18 months if you haven't started dealing with what made you turn to food, you may begin gaining weight again.  It's a fact.  You can give us the surgery tool just like you would give a carpenter a hammer and tools.  But without the effort and hard work, the house won't build itself....

As always, any questions, please feel free....I always try to tell it like it is to the best of my ability! 

We should have a meeting again somewhere, those are always fun!

Have a great weekend!

Charline

~Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.~        
(deactivated member)
on 2/26/16 9:58 am
VSG on 11/18/15

Reading this just made my day. Let me be the first to point out that you look fantastic.

I'm only a few months out and it's going really well, but this puts a smile on my face. 

Congrats on all of it!

Charline M.
on 2/26/16 7:25 pm
VSG on 02/23/12

You're doing fantastic.  It didn't get there in a day, can't leave in a day.  Stalls are going to happen (OH NO!).  Don't fret.  Keep doing what was/is working and your body will sort it out.  You're putting your body through an enormous shock, it doesn't know what's going on, how is it going to survive on this tiny amount of food?  Your stomach can get bigger if you pu****  And at some point it will mess with your head.  It takes a long time sometimes for your mind to actually register what your eyes are seeing in the mirror and on clothing tags.

I'm glad my message made you smile, as yours did to me :)

Have a wonderful weekend and as always,  if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Charline

~Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.~        
NF4135
on 3/1/16 6:19 am
VSG on 03/23/16

Wow Charline!!!  You are inspiring and I love your honesty.

I am awaiting surgery.  2 delays due to poor blood work results but given the all clear after the last test.   I am scheduled for surgery March 23rd and as long as my blood work is good on March 14th - that should be it.  No more delay, no more saying when I have surgery, no more excuses as this is my best tool to rediscovering me and who I want to be.  (at least that's what I think will happen.)

My extended family is against the surgery, my immediate family is excited because I am excited about the future.  I am bursting with joy and scared all at the same time.   Hearing that it takes work and commitment is exactly what I am expecting but I am confident I will find success and hopefully as much as you.

Your message comes across as happy and content with yourself - thank you for posting.

Natalie

karasmom
on 3/2/16 7:22 pm

Thank you for sharing!  I am almost 14 months out from my sleeve (done by Dr Savoie) and am down 176 lbs.  I've still got 10 lbs until I get to Dr. S's goal and 30 lbs to go until I hit mine.  These last lbs are coming off painfully slow.  I know I'll get there though.  Eventually.

Jen J.
on 3/14/16 9:04 am - Canada

Hello, my starting weight was very close to yours and after reading your post it gives me hope that I will reach my goal!  I am almost 8 months post op and it has been the best thing I have ever done for myself! Thank you for sharing!

HW: 349 (July 2, 2015) Height: 5'3", Birthdate: March 19, 1974

VSG: July 24, 2015 Moncton, NB Canada -- Dr. Sylvain Beausoleil

CW: 194lbs, goal: 155lbs

islandmom
on 3/15/16 9:30 am - Canada

You look amazing!!  Im having the sleeve done in Bathurst.  I had my first appointment, now just waiting to meet my surgeon Dr.Semerjian.  You have made me even more excited and I cant wait to get this done!  One thing I keep thinking about is what am I going to do with my excess skin.  What do you do right now?  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1064 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1920 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1772 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1770 views