doing good

bigchris
on 4/12/14 8:54 pm - Canada

hi everyone just wanted let you know how I'm making out. I'm in no more pain only when I drink to fast it makes air in your stomach and gives you discomfort but it pass. Started to increase my liquids today from 1/2 cup to 3/4 so I'm not hungry as much had trouble getting in all the liquids they want me to drink because try to get used to swallowing with out making air. I go see Dr B on april 29 for my 3 week check up and I let you know how I made out with the weight lost so have a great week and lets all keep on losing together. 

tookayo
on 4/12/14 11:54 pm - Canada

Hi bigchris glad to hear that you are doing well I am on day 6  of pre op  lost 9 lbs so far can't wait to have the surgery on Tuesday the 22 thanks for all your answer about what to  expect keep us posted.

bigchris
on 4/14/14 9:07 pm - Canada

hi tookayo

only one more week and it's your turn to join us as after surgery gang 9bls that's great keep it up the shakes aren't bad I think the chocolate one is the best. the hospital staff in Moncton are awesome I was in ICU unit because I'm a dietbetic and they had to watch my sugar  but it was nice private room free tv and two nurses to help you Dr B only keeps you over night one night if all your test come back good they let you go home and they don't rush you out the door I do recommend you get a pain shot before you leave for the drive home due to the bumpy roads it will help with the discomfort.

kim_pei
on 4/14/14 2:12 pm - Canada

That is awesome Chris....keep up the great work and I bet in no time at all you will be very surprised at what you can accomplish...Speedy recovery! And thanks for the updates, they are wonderful to hear about.

(deactivated member)
on 4/14/14 8:05 pm - Oromocto, Canada

Are you able to sleep in your own bed?  I don't know if the pain from the surgery itself causes to much pain to lie in bed. I remember when I had my tummy tuck I was over a week sleeping in a lazy boy chair. 

bigchris
on 4/14/14 8:53 pm - Canada

yes you can the first night I slept sitting up on the couch because I still had a lot of gas in my stomach and it helped with the pain of the gas. the tummy tuck they sometimes have to cut the muscel and that hurts more. the cuts they make on us are small and don't hurt at all the staples you have take a little time to get use to but they don't hurt I had more pain in my shoulder then were I had my surgery I think they pulled a muscel when they moved me when I was out.

(deactivated member)
on 4/15/14 3:31 am - Oromocto, Canada

Thanks for posting that.  It is one less thing to worry about, the pain afterwards.  It sounds really minimal.  The pain after my tt was because if I tried to lay down on the bed, it pulled the skin and that hurt.  And getting up was bad for that reason.  I wasn't cut at all through the muscle. 

bigchris
on 4/15/14 12:04 pm - Canada

I got a pillow from shoppers on mountain road in Moncton the one close to Moncton hospital it at a 45 degrees and it keeps you from sleeping flat it's like the way you sleep in the hospital at a angle it help in case you have any reflex.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1061 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1918 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1770 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1767 views