Just some general info about my timelines. :)

Charline M.
on 6/3/13 11:12 am
VSG on 02/23/12

I had a request to post a bit of how my timeline went so here goes :)

Referral was sent in December of 2008. 

I waited, and waited and waited for what seemed like forever...decided to go see a therapist to deal with my food issues.  Mind you it didn't help much because I was really hungry all the time because my stomach was producing so much ghrelin that I couldn't lessen the food intake.  

Then glory glory be....I got a call to go see Dr. Savoie in May of 2011.  

I wend there armed and ready, I knew I wanted a VSG and had all the information I needed.  We signed my consent that very day and I left thinking that I'd be sleeved in no time at all. 

Then months passed....and I got discouraged.....and kept calling poor Gisele who is absolutely wonderful. 

Then in December she called.....it was like the sky had parted and the angels were signing :)  I went to my information session in January of 2012. 

I was shocked at how many people were uninformed about what was going to be done to then and the pre/after life with a sleeve.  But that's besides the point. 

Then at the end of January I got a call that I needed to start my Boost on February 9th.  However, I'm quite a stubborn girl....and I had started to go get weighed in January so I wanted an accurate picture of my weight loss.  Weigh in night is Tuesday so I started my Boost the very next day so I had an extra day of it.  Blech! 

I had my surgery on February 23rd, 2012.  By then I had already lost 29lbs.  By August I had hit 100 lbs lost.  By January 1st I was down 144lbs.  And as of Saturday, June 1st, I am down 175 lbs.  That brings me to my goal of being below 170lbs and getting ready for my plastic surgery, hopefully. 

Now, sizes...I started wearing a size 5x shirt and size 28pants...I am currently in a medium shirt and size 10 jeans. 

My shoe size went from a 10 to an 8.5 and my rings went from a 10 on my ring finger to a 7.5.

I used to go down the stairs backwards because my ankles hurt in the mornings...now I go up and down the stairs without issue.

I once fell and had to wait for someone to pick me up.  Now I can scoot up and down unassisted.  I walk to work, go to Zumba twice a week, go swimming, park in a far parking spot just cuz I can. 

I sometimes miss eating....it's a social thing...and we will forever struggle with that I think.  But if you keep your mind focused on the positive things that you have in your life, eating suddenly loses it's allure and becomes a necessity rather than an indulgence. 

I'm now ready for the next phase.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to get my excess skin removed.  I go see Dr. Savoie on Friday and am going to ask if the referral can be sent.  I truly don't care if I don't have a flat stomach as long as I don't get any rashes anymore. 

I don't want to ramble too much but I just want to say to the waiters...don't lose hope.  Your turn will come, and boy it's going to change your life forever.  Take the wait time to get ready for it....truly ready....you'll be happier and more successful because you did.  :)

I'll keep you posted on what happens Friday if anyone is interested.  :)

~Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.~        
Lesley42
on 6/3/13 11:42 am - Canada

Your amazing!! This info has really lifted me up.. I am one of the ones still waiting and has lost hope so many times.. I know Im close but yet it still seems so so far.. But reading this is really really getting me even more ready!! I was ready yesterday!! lol I really hope you are able to get your tummy done.. that will be sooo exciting, I cant wait to hear more about it.. Thanks for all this positive info and encouragement..

Lesley42                        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1064 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1921 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1773 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1771 views