stall

sunnie41
on 5/21/13 5:56 am - Canada
VSG on 05/17/12

well. i have stalled for bout the last 2 months, give or take a pound or two

i wonder if there i a point that your body just says..."thats enough"

i have lost over 222 pds from my highest and was losing pretty consistently til this time period.  i realize that i am at a weight when some people are just getting their surgery (230) but that is almost half of what i was. my quantity of food intake hasnt changed. still exercising bout the same but am just sitting still.

im wondering if there is a point that your body just sits up and says enough is enough. my goal is 199 s im not that far off and i am actually not unhappy with my current weight. just kinda wanted to see a "1" in front again, since i hadnt seen it since i was about seven.

jjwbuster
on 5/21/13 8:55 am - Saint John, Canada

I think when I went to the information session they said that the weight loss slows down between 12-18 months. I am not sure how tall you are but that is around the number that Dr. Savoie gave me.

On some of the other boards people suggest upping your protein intake but as I am just new to this and haven't had surgery yet I only pass on what I have read.

You have done so amazing and really are an inspiration.

referral sent March 2009/ Approval signed March 2013/Surgery May 2013

HW: 404  Pre OP Liquid: 375   SW: 349   CW: 271

Vanessa D.
on 5/27/13 12:08 am
VSG on 04/18/12

I am in the same position. I was at 1 year on April 18 2013. I have lost most of my weight but have about 15lbs left to go. I have not lost any significant amount in the past 2 months. I think either i am on a plateau which i did not have any at all during my loss or my body is saying this is where i am comfortable.

sunnie41
on 5/27/13 12:44 am - Canada
VSG on 05/17/12

yes i agree.  i try to eat protein or low carbs foods but i add a little bit (little cause that is all we can eat lol) of rice or veggie as the nurses insist that we do. 

and yes, vanessa, that is what i was wondering too. i know this is the first real stall i have had in a year but was wondering the same thing...is there a point that your body says it is comfortable and stops unless we change things up again, i stopped walking (excersizing) for bout the last 4 days thinking that when i started up again today i would shake up my system? i dont know.  im going to keep doing as ive done for the last year and hope the scale moves again. dr wouldnt give me a goal, said whatever i feel comfy with so i gave myself a 199 goal so i could see a "1" in front lol

i am 30 pds away. 

Vanessa D.
on 5/27/13 1:25 am
VSG on 04/18/12

I was told to up protein, i don't do much carbs but some people increase carbs for a few days and then stop and it kick starts the loss again. Try changing your form of exercise. If you walk, try biking if you can or change it up a bit. I know i am doing different exercise now than i did during the winter. I used to skate at least 3 to 4 hours a week but the ice time is over in my town till fall so had to replace that with something else(walking and some biking). I can't eat too much fruit as my blood sugar takes a dive. I am not diabetic but i have episodes of hypoglycemia which is horrible.

sunnie41
on 5/27/13 5:46 am - Canada
VSG on 05/17/12

thanks vanessa,

yes i dont bike cause i still think i am too big for that, same as swimming but i do walk, lift weights and jog (on a treadmill) or do yardwork like mowing a fairly nice size yard, 1.5 hours straight out. i change between these activities to try to get the system going. doesnt seem to be helping with these excercises in the last month or two. but im not giving up. i swear :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1071 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1931 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1781 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1778 views