Approved by Medicare for panni removal

jhpby
on 4/15/13 1:20 am - Oshawa, Canada

Hello everyone, I posted a while ago with some questions about insurance coverage and panni removal.

Just thought I would share that I got approved with no challenges at all. The surgeon wasn't completely confident that I would get approved but I did!

In our initial meeting he recommended that I go with a lower body lift instead of just a panni/ tummy tuck. He said I would not be happy with the results because I would end up with big bumps on my sides. I tend to agree with his recommendation.

Anyways, just wanted to find out if anyone has been approved for a panni and upgraded to a LBL. The cost I was quoted was $10,096.

I am a little concerned about the surgeons fee portion because I am wondering if they have taken anything off for medicare coverage (on the surgeon fee)...Surgeon fee is $9600 + anasth + garments+ taxes.

I have heard great things about the work this surgeon does but a lady I spoke with said she has heard from a couple people about concerns regarding his fees.

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on their costs for a lower body lift.

Thanks!

Jenn

HW- 343     CW- 266.4  SW- 314                                        My  is suberman!       

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1064 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1921 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1773 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1771 views