Psychologist Process Changed

Cindy F.
on 10/1/12 4:35 am, edited 10/1/12 4:53 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13

I called to talk with Julie this morning as I'd heard someone who'd had their all-day session after me, had already gone through the process with her. Julie assured me this wasn't the case and noted that she had actually planned to contact me later this week.

She said because they're getting so bogged down (paraphasing) and behind, they're changing the psychologist visit portion of the process. Instead of a visit, she's going to mail out a questionnaire to patients, we fill it out, mail it back to Julie, and she will score it.  The score or outcome will determine the next step, whether it be a visit with the dietician, the nurse, doctor, herself, etc. I think I understood that she may be able to put forth a referral for surgery without actually seeing you, if your score reflects such.

The English version of the questionnaire will be ready later this week and Julie will be sending it out soon after. I'll be curious to see how the process unfolds from here on in, if it does speed it up at all.

Henry M.
on 10/4/12 2:17 am - Fredericton, Canada
Thanks for the Info Cindy. 

Julie called me today to let me know she was sending out the questionnaire .  Anxiously waiting for it to come in.
:~)
Cindy F.
on 10/4/12 3:46 am, edited 10/4/12 9:53 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13
Yea, you got a call! When she first told me about it, I thought, 'great, just as I'm about to get my appointment they up and change the whole process'!  I wonder if those in our July session are the first testers for this questionnaire. Keep us posted Henry!
(deactivated member)
on 10/4/12 10:13 am - Musquash, NB, Canada
VSG on 10/02/12
 Hey Cindy, no worries, I was the first in my group to get to see Julie and others took more appointments than I did, and they got the surgery first... no rhyme or reason... but we were all scheduled within a month and a half of each other... so it worked out.

By the way, I had my surgery on Tuesday... loads of pain on day two... they kept me medicated. I probably should have stayed one more day... and come home today instead of yesterday... but I am feeling a lot better than yesterday,... Still worth everything!!!

Danielle
Cindy F.
on 10/4/12 11:16 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13
That's great to hear you made it through okay Danielle.  It's always interesting to hear how everyone gets along with their surgery.  I'm happy to hear you're on the mend. Please keep us posted on your recovery.
IslandMomma
on 10/8/12 9:28 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12
WOW....that is a big change...I hope it is for the better for you, Cindy....keep us updated....

Cindy F.
on 10/10/12 5:20 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13
I received the questionnaire today, I was pleasantly surprised to see it this soon. I've filled it out and will return it this evening. It was 8 pages long and I suspect, filled with the questions she would typically ask in her initial meeting with patients. It was certainly indepth but I appreciated being able to take the time to put some thought into it.

I'll just wait and see what happens next!
Kitty_mom
on 10/11/12 12:24 pm - New Maryland, Canada
I am glad to hear they are evaluating with a psycologist- I didn't see the psycologist before surgery.

Henry M.
on 10/17/12 7:47 am - Fredericton, Canada
Hi Cindy,

I received  my package the same day as you did.  I spent the evening filling it out and got it in the mail the next morning at 9am.  I was wondering if it would appear that I was a little anxious to have the process rolling but after waiting for years I guess I kinda was.

Anyhow all that just to say I got my call today to tell me that my approval is being sent to Dr. B today, but she would still like to meet with me.  Which I readily agreed to as I will use all the tips I can get.

I didnt think I could have butterflies for both excitement and nervousness at the same time but it all seems very real now.

So fingers crossed that you wil get your call soon if you didnt already get a call today.

Have a good day

Henry

sunnie41
on 10/18/12 12:51 am - Canada
VSG on 05/17/12
its so funny how different the processes are between moncton and bathurst.
hoping it all goes well for you all
Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1068 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1924 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1776 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1775 views