questions about the way things work in new Brunswick

jhpby
on 9/19/12 5:28 am - Oshawa, Canada
 hi everyone,

i have recently moved to the moncton area and i am almost 1 year out from gastric bypass.

i notice when ready through the forum that a lot of people are sleeved...is that the norm out here? do they do gastric bypass here?

something else i wanted to know is how coverage works for plastic surgery after...can you get coverafe or is it all out of pocket?

are there any local support groups? 

what hospitals do the sugeries around here?

thanks for all your help!

jenn
HW- 343     CW- 266.4  SW- 314                                        My  is suberman!       

IslandMomma
on 9/19/12 5:40 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12
 Dr Beausoile (sp) works out of the "George Dumont" in University in Moncton...he does do both, but I think he does more sleeves than by-passes...just depends on the person....they do have monthly meeting for those who are post-surgery...look him up on this site and you will get his contact info...AND I do believe that is you have lost a certain amount of wieght and have maintained it that there is coverage for plastic surgery....but Dr B would be the best person to talk to.....

Good luck and post the info you do find out for all of us who are under 6 months post-op and dream of tight upper arms...ha ha

Cindy F.
on 9/19/12 4:40 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13
Welcome to the maritimes. I'm still pre-op but this came up at the all-day session in July. The RN noted that it is covered but only the lower part of the stomach, the part that hangs /sags (panni?). They will not cover from basically the waist up, you have to pay for that. So that roll that most of us have under our chest would not be covered, it would be considered cosmetic, as would arms and legs. It was disappointing to hear but it was good to understand what to expect.

She also said to put your referral in early as its around a year wait just for the initial consult with the plastic surgeon; don't necessarily wait until you've reached goal.

Congratulations on your weight loss and welcome to the local forum.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1064 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1920 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1773 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1771 views