Sleeved and home

Tamera Kelly
on 9/1/12 7:05 am - Fredericton, Canada
 So a quick run down of what went on:
I had to be in Bathurst a 6am Wednesday morning, and since my night driving isn't great, we stayed in a hotel (Comfort Inn) Thursday night. To be honest I wasn't nervous for the surgery, I was nervous for my Dad who was driving by his self back to Fredericton (he's 79 and I do all the driving, but he did good the only turn he missed was the one I was drilling into him, the one marked "fredericton" I said if he got to the Tim Hortons he missed the turn and to go back, so he did,lol) 
  So I had lots of people coming in to talk to me about what was going to happen, then they put on the compression socks.  I was then wheeled into the OR and they sprayed my throat whith this gross numbing spray for the breathing tube (which made ME want to gag.)I was then told they were giving me something to calme me down.
  Next thing I was told was I could wake up now it was all over! Fade to black....
Then my Dad was there to see how I was (about 1pm), which was pretty good, not much pain, though I was seeing double, said good bye to my dad and was out until 830 to make a phone call to my Dad again and a couple of friends. Notice the night nurses were very cute and male andwent back to sleep.(keep in mind I had no water and the onle saving grace was LIP BALM!! My mouth was a desert.)
  Day 2: I was up and walking so I could get those compression socks off ( nice at first but after awhile...) Then I got...Chicken broth for lunch (choir music here) I could only get about half of it down before I was full, but it tasted so good. then for a snack apple juice (really hard on my stomach-too acidy) Beef broth for supper and cranberry juice for snack (all about 125ml) still trying to finished full amount. and walking, walking, walking.
  Friday: Got up, sat in the chair most of the day except when walking. Meals are as follows:
B:Carnation in break Vanilla
sn:2% milk
Lunch: Cream of Brocoli soup (no Brocoli)
sn:vanilla ensure
Was able to go home!
the only pain I had was when I trird to take 2 pills at once. I have only be taking tylnaol. But I have a high threshold for pain.

IslandMomma
on 9/1/12 9:26 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12
 YEAH...congrats...sounds like it all went really well for you...me too...I never even really took the pain pills he had given me a script for...waste of my $$...good luck over the next few days and weeks...it was really hard for me to get any amount of water in for the first few weeks...lots of gas every time I drank...but now it is a breeze....

Congrats and well to the club....
Tamera Kelly
on 9/7/12 7:37 am - Fredericton, Canada
 having trouble getting all my water in as well.  now I've developed an infection at the site where they pulled the stomach out.  it's a big lump about the size of an egg. On the advice of DC in Bathurst, I went to the after hours clinic and have to put hot compresses of sal****er on it, to draw the infection out.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1063 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1918 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1770 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1768 views