another cpap question

kkyymm
on 6/16/11 1:52 am - Lincoln, Canada
Does anyone know if you can rent the machines? I know it is important for my health it is just such a huge expense

Trish-hoping
on 6/16/11 3:10 am - Benton, Canada
I know Vitalaire rents them out but I believe after a few months of use you could almost have one paid for, so that is an expense as well. Some insurances cover this I believe. Alot of people try to find someone to buy one from, to save money.  I would check all avenues, they are very common, ask around and you may be able to find one. I would even contact your local hospital to ask questions, they may sell older ones. Just some ideas, good luck on your search ......Trish
HW-362 SW-330  (21lbs lost on pre-op diet)  Over HALF way there!!  
Carly ~
on 6/16/11 11:26 am
Also, if you are on a limited income or pension, you may qualify for a one-time coverage with your provincial assistance.
Sometimes hospitals loan them, especially if you are planning on having surgery -- and may not have a need for it for long-term if it resolves your sleep apnea.
Also, I've seen some listed for reasonable prices on Kijiji, and you could probably offer most of the people selling them on there much less money -- since theirs were most likely paid for by insurance.
Good luck in your search for one!

If you find one used, you will just need to buy the mask and tubing.  I'm not sure of the cost of the masks, but the tubing is about $15.00.  I'm guessing the masks would be no more than $50ish.

Kitty_mom
on 6/28/11 12:23 pm - New Maryland, Canada
Try advertising on kijiji. My insurance covers one every 5 years. Mine still works fine so i didn't order a new one just because I could,,,but there has to be a lot of good machines out there that are not being used. The only problem would be having it set up for you because you bought it second hand.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1071 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1930 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1781 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1778 views