looking for just a little more info..

macaulie4
on 5/11/11 2:46 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 07/09/13
I am just wondering if you can switch your surgery. I am leaning towards Lap Band, but I also like the sleeve. My referral is for Lap band and I am almost positive it is the one I will have. I guess my question is when I go for my first consultation, if I should change my mind about the Lap band, and decide to have the sleeve. Do I need another referral? 
And if possible can you tell me why you like or dislike the band?
Why you like or dislike the sleeve?
Does anyone regret their decision on the surgery they chose?

Thanks

Carly ~
on 5/11/11 11:58 am

I'm still pre-op, and originally thought I would want the band, less invasive, speedy recovery.
After researching it, I have found many people getting band to sleeve revisions, due to complications with their band.
Also, when you get stuck with a band, you're on liquids until it passes.  Every time you go in for an adjustment, you're on liquids.   The amount of excess weight loss is higher with the sleeve, and there is no lifetime maintainance.   Band slippage, port fills/unfills, getting stuck - things I would rather avoid than risk.   
Don't get me wrong, there has been some people who are very successful with the band.  Great!  I just don't want to risk that for myself.  
During your surgery consult with your surgeon, he will discuss the different procedures he offers, and which he thinks is best for you.  You won't need a new referral, unless you choose a surgery your surgeon doesn't perform.  Dr. Savoie does band and sleeve, so you're okay.
Go the revision to sleeve (VSG) board, or band information on here.  You'll obtain a wealth of information in helping you make a decision.
macaulie4
on 5/11/11 8:04 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 07/09/13
Thank you so much for your reply. I will check the boards out and I'm sure I will find what I am looking for.
Penelope G.
on 6/9/11 4:18 am - xxxxx, Canada
The information session is to give you all the information you need so that you can make an informed decision.  together you and the doctor will determine what is best for you.  you don't have to make up your mind before the session. 

HW/SW/CW/GW
362/305/250.6/160  (54.4 since surgery)
1st Fill Dec22 4cc's * 2nd fill May 14 1cc = 5 ccs * 3rd (un)fill June 5 .5cc = 4.5 ccs *4th fill July 8 2cc=6.5cc, unfill of 1cc sept 09 = 5.5cc; Nov 8 fill of 1.5 =7ccs
macaulie4
on 6/10/11 5:24 am, edited 6/10/11 5:25 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 07/09/13
I would love to go to an information session, unfortunately they don't do  information sessions on PEI. But I would travel to NB if I knew the date a little in advance so I could plan it. Thank you for the great advice Penelope. Any more info or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Kitty_mom
on 6/15/11 12:10 am - New Maryland, Canada
The doctor's office contacts you about the date, once you are close to the top of the waiting list.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1064 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1921 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1773 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1771 views