Dr. Sudderth past patients- river region??

LisaTownsend
on 11/8/03 1:38 pm - MS
Hi All, I checked into having bariatric surgery 2 weeks ago and just finished all my pre-op tests. I am getting so nervous and excited all at the same time. I am a widow, 38 yrs old, 257 lbs , 5'8 , my bmi is 38. I think about what will happen to my son if something goes wrong , but then I think about how much better I will feel and look if all goes as planned. My parents are totally against me doing this- but I think they know my mind is set. My Doctor is Dr. Sudderth. Surgery is coming up very soon. Does anyone have any good news or information to help me through this? I have heard several nightmares about the hospital in Vicksburg that I will be using. Please let me know if you have anything to share. I am so glad to be able to read all of your success stories- God Bless you all... thanks - Shelly
Arlies Q
on 11/8/03 11:13 pm - Brandon, MS
Hi Shelly, I am still preop, so I don't know anything much yet. The lady that replied to my other post is using your doctor. Check her out. Just wanted to say hi! Where are you from? I'll keep you in my prayers! Smoochies & Hugs, Arlies
Anna M.
on 11/9/03 4:20 am - Elmhurst, NY
Shelly, I am waiting to have my surgery - I also have the jitters and am excited too. I think it is all normal. Realistically, everything is a risk, but on the whole there are more positive outcomes than negative with this surgery. My friend had the surgery - and she was over 450 pounds - so far in 6 months she has lost 100. She is following the doctor's orders almost exclusively - I think that is important, however, doctors are never 100% correct - so be very pro-active in your decision and aftercare - no question is stupid - if someone seems annoyed ask anyway! As far as the hospital is concerned - I would call the hospital administrator and introduce myself saying (get the person's name and use it every chance you get) "I have heard such good & bad things about this hospital that I have choosen to have a very serious procedure done - is there anything I can do to make my stay easier" You can call the person back using their name at least one more time - saying you know they have an ardous task taking care of some many people and just hope you won't be a burden. This will alert the Administrator that you are coming and he/she should make special note - to see to your needs after you are admitted - it's kinda like getting bees with honey and GOOD LUCK to another future LOSER
LisaTownsend
on 11/9/03 10:16 pm - MS
Hi Anna, Thanks so much for the Administrator idea. That sounds like a good plan and I will certainly plan a trip by that persons office. I have 5 friends here who have had the surgery and 2 had no problems afterwards. We do have a support group here- or something like that that meets on Thursdays. I will get to the meeting this week and hear what everyone has to say. I know theres alot more positive han negative to it, I just have to lose these jitters..lol I wish you the best with your surgery and please feel free to write me anytime. Thanks again!! Good luck on the losing side and let me know when your surgery is scheldued.
Most Active