Does anyone know the Cost of VSG Surgery in Port Huron, MI? (from a Canadian)

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/13 6:55 am
  Good Day To All of my US Neighbors!   I am from Ontario Canada and getting a little tired of waiting (19 months so far) for surgery in Ontario Canada.  Even though our Health System pays....the wait is a bit much.  I have had all the tests....just waiting for a post op class...weeks after that you get to meet the surgeon and see if he/she approves you.   Since I love the USA and come frequently to Michigan, I was wondering if I paid out of pocket how much the cost would be for the VSG.  I would prefer the VSG as opposed to RNY.  They will only perform RNY 95% of the time in Ontario unless you have medical reasons to get the VSG.  I attempted to email the hospital in Michigan and they would not give me this info.  I find that strange....especially if I am willing to pay.  I would rather have a new car....but a new body would be even better!     Any help would be appreciated from my south of the border friends!   thanks kindly!        
pineview01
on 5/30/13 3:03 pm - Davison, MI

I"m not south of the boarder.  Straight west of you!mail  I-69 goes right by my house within 6 miles.   If you contact a surgeon they should tell you the cash price.  Most want to see you in person but, if you explain your situation.  They may tell you.

The Port Huron was band only.  I see they have gotten smart and are doing sleeves now too.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

janazee
on 6/2/13 1:47 am

Hello, you might want to check out Dr. Mark Pleatman, Bloomfield Hills he does self-pay, cost is $11,200.  enlightened

janazee
on 6/2/13 1:49 am
Most Active
Recent Topics