Cross Post-Severe Reflux 3 weeks post RNY

saralynne65
on 2/14/13 10:11 pm
Revision on 01/23/13

Good morning everyone,

Cross post on the RNY forum.

I am 3 weeks post RNY and having reflux so bad I am waking up choking & aspirating on it many times during the night. I have not slept in 48 hours because of this. 

Prior to revising from band to rny I was told I had a hiatal hernia but my surgeon said he did not see it during my surgery at all and that my RNY should take care of the GERD symptoms. Wrong. It is worse that ever! He started me on protonix about 5 days ago when I called and yesterday I clled again and was told to take zantac twice a day as well as the protonix 1 day. It's not working. I was up all night. I keep my head/chest elevated on 3-4 pillows, have even tried a wedge along with that and nothing helps.

I am really fraid that something is wrong. Does this happen sometimes and will it ever subside? I can't get any sleep at all because I have this reflux coming up and choking me all night . My next follow up is next  week but this is just getting ridiculous. Has anyone else had this? Please tell me this will get better.

~Saralynne

Most Active
Recent Topics