Been WAY too long!

momofsix
on 1/25/13 4:27 am - Pinckney, MI

OK, so I am like over 6 years out from my RNY (Still 130 pounds down) and I looked into Plastics a couple years ago and couldn't afford it then. I was thinking of doing something with Care Credit but I can't remember the ball park figure or a TT and BL with Dr. DiNick!  Even just a tummy tuck at this point would make me happy but I need a ball park amount to apply for the credit.

I called them to get an idea of how the prices have changed since I got my last quote (which of course I can find), and I had to leave a a message.  So I didn't get any info yet.

Didn't know if anyone has had this done recently with him or not or anyone else in the same area that would come recommended and could help me out with an idea of what I should apply for.

Thanks!

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06
319/169/185/204 - 5' 7"  Starting/Goal/Lowest/Current

Jody ***
on 1/27/13 8:16 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with

My insurance paid my TT, but I paid for the BL/BA with Dr DiNick.  I believe my cost just for the BL/BA was $7500. 

To know for sure how much you'll need, you may need to go in and have a consult.  That office is horrendous at returning phone calls....

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

momofsix
on 1/27/13 8:42 am - Pinckney, MI

Well, hopefully they can look at my file, from last time I was in there, and give me a round about figure for the current prices.  I don't necessarily need the ta-ta's done, but I really want my tummy done!!!!  Ta-Ta's are itty bitty but saggy, but I can live with it for now if I have to... LOL

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06

pineview01
on 1/28/13 11:09 am - Davison, MI

Congratulations on a job well done.  Where is Dr DiNick located.

I was at an OH convention and the had a PS there from MX that gave us a free consult.  The thing I need don't most for my self-esteem, is my turkey waddle.  He said that could be done now but, to wait until I'm done losing weight to do the leg/thighs.  I have the price for that but, couldn't get all the cost nailed down.  Than I read on here bad stuff and they sent me tin the right direction for MX PS.  I would rather do it here but, cost are so much high.  Before I do I want to see a couple PS here that deal with weight lost patients.  Does Dr DiNick work with WLS patients.

Again, great job.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

momofsix
on 1/28/13 8:37 pm - Pinckney, MI

Yes DiNick specializes in dealing with WLS patients.  He has 3 offices in Michigan.  One in Novi, one in Ann Arbor/Ypsi area and one in Commerce Township I believe.  He is a master in his profession.  I have a friend that went to him as well, and her's turned out amazing.  She got her's paid for by insurance though, so she can't help me out with the pricing.  When I did have my consult a couple years ago it was covered by my insurance, I just had to pay my office visit co-pay.

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06

pineview01
on 1/28/13 9:28 pm - Davison, MI

I see we have the same WLS surgeon, at least for the sleeve.  Have heard of anyone using Dr Steven Morris?  Hurley is now showing him associated with them.  Don't know if I can afford him now that he did the Biggest Loser Mom and daughter.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

momofsix
on 1/29/13 3:08 am - Pinckney, MI

Well, I want to stay closer to home.  Ann Arbor is only 30 minutes away from me, while Flint is a little over an hour.  The reason I had my surgery done at Hurley was because the insurance I had at that time gave me a choice between there and Grand Rapids.  Well, Flint was closer and they came highly recommended too.  I am glad that is where I went.  But for my plastics I want to stay closer to home, for sure.

I bet you are right about his prices going up from doing that.  I wouldn't doubt it....

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06

pineview01
on 1/29/13 10:08 am - Davison, MI

Thanks MOM!

Most Active
Recent Topics