Any recommendations for a SE area hematologist?

linda1814
on 10/14/12 5:48 am
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had a hematologist in the tri-county area that has a good understanding of malabsorption in WLS patients?  I went to see a hema on Friday since my iron is low (he acknowledged that I am anemic) but he won't give me infustions.  He said that I haven't been taking enough iron (I was taking two Proferrin ES daily) and he told me to switch to 3 ferrous sulfate daily.  I'm reluctant to have to wait until December to prove to him that ferrous sulfate won't do me any good.  So I am hoping that someone here has had positive results with another doc. 

Thanks

My Macronutrient Breakdown

Daily Average for the Last 30 Days

Like this widget? Get your own at ObesityHelp.com

Nancy B.
on 10/15/12 6:42 am
I go to Dr. Arora at the McLaren Cancer Center. Everytime I go in if I have my levels checked. I did go through a lot of infusion do to blood loss and being anemic.  Now I just keep my levels where they need to be by using pills. However if my stored iron is to low that he will give me an infusion. I hope this helps.
linda1814
on 10/15/12 10:02 am
Thank you, Nancy. I'm going to see if I can find someone a little closer to Sterling Heights but if I have trouble I'd certainly give this guy a shot. Thank you!

DetroitGirl
on 11/25/12 11:51 am

I have seen a couple in the area. Dr. Kadakol is who I have seen most recently. I was seeing her out of the macomb physician's group (16 and van dyke). I think she also has an office in Rochester. I also saw Dr. Nayak, whose office is on 14 1/2 and Van Dyke. Dr. Nayak gave me iron infusions in the office, Dr. Kadakol had to send me to Beaumont. I like both of them. For some reason the infusions that Dr. Kadakol prescribed for me were significantly more expensive, but I'm sure that varies from insurance to insurance.

linda1814
on 11/25/12 2:58 pm
Thank you soooo much! You have no idea how tough it is to find a doc that understands malabsorption. Can't thank you enough!

Most Active
Recent Topics