First Surgeon Appointment

Steve D.
on 9/17/12 5:23 pm - MI
RNY on 11/05/12
Had my first appointment with Dr. Kia in Flint, Mi last Wednesday, September 12th, was shocked to find I had lost 5lbs prior to seeing him! His first question to me was on my English accent, turns out he was born in England too!!
So the good news is I am all systems go for surgery and have a date of November 5th at 7:00 AM.
I have 4 aditional appointments prior to surgery starting on October 3rd with "Mindful Eating".
Very excited, seems like a long time to go but with the appointments I know it's gonna go quickly.
Nancy B.
on 9/19/12 2:05 am
Congrats on the weight loss. I am glad to hear that everything is going as planned.
Steve D.
on 9/19/12 6:19 am - MI
RNY on 11/05/12
Thanks Nancy,
October is going to be a busy month!
pineview01
on 9/19/12 2:00 pm, edited 9/20/12 6:44 am - Davison, MI
Congratulations on getting a date.  Yes time will fly. 
Mine really did as I got a call to see if I wanted to take a cancellation,
YES!  I just got the product in time to start the pre-op diet.

Hoping you a safe and healthy surgery and weight loss!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Steve D.
on 9/20/12 6:35 am - MI
RNY on 11/05/12
 Thanks Pineview,
I don't think I will get a cancellation because of the way Healthplus works, I have 4 appointments to go to, up to October 16th and Dr.Kia's wife is expecting a baby around that date.
Does the Bariatric Center provide the product for the pre-op diet or isit prescribed and picked up from a pharmacy?
pineview01
on 9/20/12 1:47 pm - Davison, MI
I too had Health Plus!
Not sure how McLaren does it, Hurley had us order online and it was delivered to the house.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Nancy B.
on 9/20/12 4:25 pm
The diet they put you on before hand is not prescribed. They tell you what to do and then you just go to the store and buy what you need.  They are pretty good about keeping their appointments. I never had any cancelled that I can recall.
Steve D.
on 9/21/12 5:05 am - MI
RNY on 11/05/12
Thanks for the info, after our last support group meeting I have a feeling they may recommend Bariatric Advantage products .
I don't do the dietician's class until the 16th so I guess I will wait and see.
Nancy B.
on 9/21/12 1:50 pm

In the class they will talk about several different products that you can use. From there you can see which would be best for you. The reason why they talked about the Bariatric Advantage products is because McLaren is now carrying them in the hospital pharmacy.

Some of the products I like and may go and get some. I always hate ordering new things offline because I never know if I am going to like them. It was great that they brought some of those products in for us to try. I tried some of the vitamins they they gave us and didn't like them. However, some of there products were pretty good. I really like that orange protein drink that she had that night. I have always used their Calcium Citrate. 

Steve D.
on 9/21/12 7:26 pm - MI
RNY on 11/05/12
I liked the B.A. Iron and the calcium chews too, the multi had a nasty after taste that I would imagine being worse after surgery. I agree on the orange protein too, thought it was very good.
I got to do the EMMI today too, so things are moving along. Just waiting for the info packet I was told was coming with all the extra details for the appointments.
May I ask what multi vitamin you use?
Most Active
Recent Topics