Just got a weird PM

momofsix
on 8/2/11 6:40 am - Pinckney, MI

A while back I submitted my before and after photos for the website.  Well, I just got a PM from someone wanting me to give more detail, some info, my pics in 300dpi or higher and a paragraph or so about my journey and success for submission to possibly put it in the magazine.... Don't know how legit this is... Does anyone else have experience with this or should I really just leave it alone?????

Any advice is definitely welcomed!!!!!

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06
319/169/185/204 - 5' 7"  Starting/Goal/Lowest/Current

Debbiejean
on 8/2/11 10:13 pm - Shelbyville, MI
Don't respond. Don't give any information about yourself, too many weirdo's out there.
Just_Jane
on 8/3/11 2:03 pm - Plymouth, MI
 You mean what I just appended?  Or for the OH Magazine?  Ask them to pay you to use your stuff in the magazine, or at least send you a free copy.  

Before & After Submission Instructions

Are you interested in sharing your weight loss success with others?  
Before & After Photos are an excellent way of doing that!

The Photo Department is accepting submissions for consideration in the OH Before & After GalleryOH Magazine or in the OH Newsletter. Here is how you can participate:

Before & After Gallery Instructions

1. We ask that you have either lost 100 lbs or be at / near goal.
2. Please send your username, email address and photos to [email protected]
3. Photos should preferably be non-cropped original, preferable front facing with similar pose and non busy backgrounds.
4. If you would like the photos to be captioned, please also include that in the email as well.

Newsletter & Magazine Instructions

1. Photo Release form. Please initial where needed and provide all the needed information - it will remain confidential (Click to download your authorization form: PDF). You can return it by fax, or scan and email to the email address on the form.

2. Before & After Photos. Photos ideally should be non-cropped original, preferably front facing with similar pose and non busy backgrounds. Please submit one or more before photos and one or more after photos if possible to [email protected]. Photos  for the magazine should be a high resolution, 300dpi—or in non-technical terms, please send photos in their original state that you can zoom in on and make very large without them getting fuzzy or blurry. We know that sometimes you may not have access to high resolution photos but that is ok, we can still consider smaller web-sized photos for the newsletter! 

3. Include Your Information:

•         OH Username (what you sign into OH with)
•         Your weight loss (how many pounds)
•         Method of weight loss (RNY, DS, Lap-Band, VSG, Diet & Exercise, etc.)
•         Your Surgeon’s Name
•         Your email and mailing address
•         Your Words. A 30-word quote about how your life has transformed.

If you have any questions or need additional information, please let us know in your email.

momofsix
on 8/4/11 5:32 am - Pinckney, MI

She said it would be for the magazine... and I did confirm that it was legit.... Her instructions were the same as the one's you just posted.... Thanks so much for the help... Oh and she did say that I would get a free copy of the magazine if I were to be featured in it.... Here's hoping... Sure would be neat!!!!!

Thanks for the help....

HUGS,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06

Nan2008
on 8/4/11 9:56 pm - Midland, MI

Sounds legit to me.  Was it from Tammy Colter?  I was contacted by her thru email to be possibly featured in the OH magazine with my three kids.

Back in March, we did a media event with Hurley Bariatric Center and it was on the local news stations and newspapers of how myself and my three kids have lost almost 500 lbs.  Then, I was contacted to do a commercial for Hurley with the kids.  We just filmed that last Friday and also took a bunch of still shots.

When we did the media event, Tammy from OH contacted me and at that time I told her I'd like to wait to submit our photos until we did this commercial becasue at the time, the boys were only 3 months out of surgery, even though they had lost 100 lbs each at that time.  We agreed that we would wait until the commercial shoot to get some high resolution pictures so she can use those.  And also, so the boys would be near goal.  I'm glad we waited because the boys are now at goal and as a group, we have collectively lost 610 lbs!!

That is neat for you too!! I say submit the pictures and be proud of what you have accomplished!!

BTW - I read your other post too about struggling and I can totally relate!!!  Not with the smoking, but with the regain.  I am up about 15 lbs since last summer and I always said I was never going to get that 'bounceback' but I did!  So I have to do the same as you....get back to basics!  Easier said than done sometimes, but after reading your post and the encouraging responses I know I can do it....and so can you!

Take care!
Nan

Nan

HW 300
/ SW 280 / CW 138 /
GW 140
Hit Goal 4/2/2010

momofsix
on 8/5/11 5:54 am - Pinckney, MI

Thanks Nan.... And WoW!!!!!  Amazing that you and your kiddos lost that much weight collectively.... I wish I could get my dad on board with the surgery, but he will have nothing to do with it... Matter of fact he tried so hard to talk me out of it, and I am glad he never succeeded....

I remember seeing your story on the news I think.  You are a beautiful woman with a beautiful family.  You should all be very proud....

Oh and my weight keeps dropping now since I made that original post.  I just gave up my late night munching and it is just dripping off again!!!!  Wooooo Hooooo!!!!!  I was so glad to get the encouragement and support that I did here.... I am so glad I came to this board years ago.  It has helped me in soooo many ways.  

Now if I could just get my plastics done, but we have to get outta debt first then maybe in a few years we can use our tax return money and save some money too, so that I can get it done.  Right now we just owe too many people (and credit cards) too much money to justify paying out of pocket and the insurance denied me right away.  There was no even doing an appeal after reading the denial letter because it is plain out not a covered benefit.  Neither is the gastric bypass, but fortunately I had different insurance back then that covered my surgery 100%....

Well, I am rambling now.... Have a good night and thanks again and congrats on all your success!!!!

HUGS,

Shawn - Lap RNY 11/16/06

marymazilla
on 8/5/11 7:02 am - GARDEN CITY, MI
http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/mikemiller/
Mike Miller is the photographer for the dOH magazine. Contact him and ask if he requestec the imformation.
Or if he can check out if an imposter is spaming you!
Do you remember the pm'ers name.

best of liuck

"When we stop running away from the situation that is scary - that is the moment we discover how strong we really are. So, acknowledge your strength...rejoice in it...and start breathing in life, as the beautiful, strong soul (being) that you truly are." - Rachna Sirtaj.......Love & Peace

Jody ***
on 8/8/11 10:38 pm - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Most Active
Recent Topics