Dealing with two insurance companies

Shari B.
on 1/11/06 4:58 am - Roseville, MI
I have NGS American(PPOM) through my employer. Back in September both myself and the Livlite staff were told that coverage was possible pending certain criteria. Three months later we received a rejection letter station there is an exclusion in the policy. Everyone is telling me that appealing will not help since there is an exclusion. Does anyone have any opinion on that? My husband is eligible for Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO through his employer. We will still need to carry the NGS American insurance, so Blue Cross will be my secondary. Has anyone had any experience with getting a secondary insurance co. to approve surgery when the primary has denied due to an exclusion? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Linda Ton
on 1/11/06 5:20 am - Pontiac, MI
Hi Shari You shouldn't have a problem with this. I had two insurances through my hubbys work. What my blue care network didn't pay the second one did. I heard bcbs ppo is very easy to go through too. Tell your hubby to check with his work and make sure there isn't an exclusion on that one too. Good luck to you Hugs Linda 360/170/wherever i end up
Shari B.
on 1/16/06 1:52 am - Roseville, MI
Hi Linda, Thanks for replying to my message. I have been on a rollercoaster since Sept. trying to get this insurance thing worked out. I'm not giving up though! I have read some of your journal on your weight loss journey. You have done fabulous with your weight loss. I'm so glad I found this sight. It's very encouraging and informative. I don't even mind hearing about the not so pleasant things that can happen as I realize complications can come and I want to be informed all the way around. Well, take care and I hope to talk to you again sometime. Shari
RhondaShoemaker
on 1/11/06 7:06 am - Shelby Township, MI
I had Health Alliance Plan and Medicare. I went and did most of the work for HAP approval, so I figured that Henry Ford did the Medicare approval.
Shari B.
on 1/18/06 9:07 pm - Roseville, MI
Update: I at least no there is not an exclusion against wls on the blue cross policy we are getting. My husband talked to a guy he works with and his wife had the surgery recently. They are on the same policy we are getting. It looks like our coverage will be effective on 2/1. Things are looking better, dare I say that after my NGS American experience. Thanks everyone for your feedback and support. I'm really glad I came across this page. Hoping to have a surgery date soon!! Shari
Most Active
Recent Topics