Question, especially if you have HAP!

ColleenJ
on 1/11/06 2:22 am - Dearborn Heights, MI
My doctor is putting together her referral request to hap this week. She has not ordered any further testing for me at this point, including the psych exam. Is that something they generally do after you get approval? Im confused. I do know my doctor is familiar with what needs to be done because she is the actual medical clearance doctor for the program. I guess I just get obsessive about details. Someone slap me and tell me to take a deep breath.
Allison_R
on 1/11/06 3:14 am - Lansing, MI
Hi Colleen! Not all insurance company's require a psych exam. I have BCBS, and they didn't require one. The only reason I had to have a psych exam, is because my surgeon actually requires it, not the insurance company. Maybe this is the case with yours? It's good to be obsessive with the details! It means you're staying on top of things! Best of luck
ColleenJ
on 1/11/06 3:28 am - Dearborn Heights, MI
HAP does require it, but it doesn't really say if it has to be before approval or just before surgery. Hmmmm.
kimberwhit66
on 1/11/06 4:16 am - Davison, MI
Hi Colleen, My PCP told me that HAP will pay for the psyche eval once we have the approval. I understand that once we are approved through HAP, we contact Henry Ford and they will set everything we need up from there... God Bless!
ColleenJ
on 1/11/06 4:42 am - Dearborn Heights, MI
Thanks Kim, thats what I wanted to know. I can relax now.
Annette L.
on 1/11/06 3:27 am - Farmington Hills , MI
The state requires the psych eval. Sounds like the same process i went through. God bless you, Annette
Annette L.
on 1/11/06 3:27 am - Farmington Hills , MI
The state requires the psych eval. Sounds like the same process i went through. God bless you, Annette
Most Active
Recent Topics