Late night head hunger... FULL Liquids S*CKS - LONG

Michele P
on 1/10/06 3:17 pm
I was laying in bed with dreams of egg salad and roast chicken in my head. No- no sugar plums. Not one. Just sources of protein. So I got up and made a Nectar shake. I'm feeling the physical grip of hunger let go and starting to feel more like myself. I'm really trying to get the hang of what I should eat and when but when the head hungrie****s - good grief. I will admit, I told my husband today I was dreaming of my first meal on purees - in another week and a half. Not that it isn't totally psychotic. I've even started my grocery list. And how twisted is that? I have my bariatric recipes all staked out but the first thing I want is roasted chicken with a little green beans. Yummy. Pureed or no, I want some meat. What did he do? While I was taking a nap, he went to the store and bought roasted chicken... I woke up smelling it and about came unglued. He said I made him hungry for it and that he hadn't thought about how I'd feel. I said I wanted to beat him silly for doing it and being a giant dumb *SS. I think I mentioned no jury in America would convict me either under the cirm****tances. Like I said - UNGLUED. I think I'm doing something wrong - either not getting enough protein or not eating often enough. I'm really struggling with the 6 small meal thing because I'm hating everything I can have. So then I get taken over by the hunger monster and I'm just channeling evil. Ugh. As you all have said repeatedly - this is a journey. The surgery wasn't the end. Honestly, I feel sometimes that WLS is like having kids. Everyone told me having kids it was the hardest thing you could do but so rewarding. This seems similar - I didn't get big because I hated to eat. I didn't get big because I didn't love to try darn near everything under the sun and experiment. So this repetitive liquid phase is really not playing to my strengths. I just have to have faith the rewards are coming. Oh well - thanks again for letting me vent. The Nectar container indicates better success if you have some right before bed and again, immediately on waking up. I'll give it a shot and see if tomorrow goes better. Can't hurt. All my best, Michele P
Michele P
on 1/10/06 10:28 pm
Update - Nectar before bed and Nectar on rising seems to be helping. I don't feel like a total food freak for the first time in days. I guess my body must have been trying to tell me I needed more protein? Does my memory serve me correctly that I need to up my water intake on days my protein is higher? I have a vague memory about protein being hard on the kidney's and extra water to flu**** through? Can't remember my high school biology that well so if anyone could explain why that would be awesome. Getting the hang of all this can be pretty confusing. Best, Michele P
RhondaShoemaker
on 1/11/06 3:46 am - Shelby Township, MI
When you mix the Nectar protein with water, you can count each glass as water. I've had a bit of head hunger myself...after I got on pureed foods. Hell, I'd be craving something, fix it, then decide I really didn't want it. It was frustrating! Keep sipping on the water. Constant sipping should keep you somewhat full! Remember, you are going thru something that all post ops go through, some worse than others. I promise it will get better!
Most Active
Recent Topics