Help!! Tired all the time!!!!!

Jenny Girl
on 1/6/06 3:05 am - Hope, MI
Hi Everyone, Well, its been 5 and a half weeks since my surgery and I am doing pretty good except I am sooooooooooo all the time. I could sleep all day if I didn't have to go to work or take care of the house. I have even noticed I am starting to get a bit grouchy because I am tired. My poor husband is getting the bad end of it having to put up with me. Is this normal and if so how long will this last? I talked to my PCP yesterday and he said it is normal and it could last off and on for 6 months. I wanted to ask you guys because you guys always have an answer for me. Can anyone offer some suggestions on how to snap out of being so darn tired? I need to start an exercise routine but I am just so tired I haven't exercised since surgery. I know, I know, I should off started a long time ago, tell me about it. Thanks again for all your help!!!!! Jennifer V.
Buttonsmom
on 1/6/06 3:18 am - Brighton, MI
Jennifer: I remember being very tired at your point....I think it lasted about 12 weeks. Hang in there and get as much rest as you can--your body must need it. Tracey
renee48030
on 1/6/06 4:24 am - Hazel Park, MI
Jennifer, I was tired when I didn't eat right or enough... make sure you are getting your liquids and protein in and that should help you feel better. Even now at a year out I get tired if I don't eat enough (or eat too much) or if I'm not getting enough liquid or protein. Maybe you can look at what you are eating and drinking and go from there. Good luck I remember remodling my house at about 8 weeks out to 7 months out then I started cleaning friends and families houses just for something to do. Renee
navymom
on 1/6/06 6:17 am - St. clair Shores, MI
Jennifer, Look in you blue binder under hibernation syndrome. Exercise HELPS alot, and it will get better. Kind of like cave men, your body does not know when it is going to get fed again, so it slows down. Try just walking a little every day, if you cannot go outside or to the mall, Leslie Sansone, has an excellent in home walking program. Hang in there Carol
dasloaf
on 1/6/06 12:43 pm - brighton, MI
I found out my iron was low and that leads to being tired and being grouchy. I have to take iron pills. 65 mgs of incremental iron equals 325 mgs of iron and it seems to be working.
Annette L.
on 1/6/06 12:58 pm - Farmington Hills , MI
Hi Jennifer, Exercise is the key! Carole is right Hibernation syndrome. I felt like that not to long ago. Since I started exercising I have to much energy! I can't seem to be still. Makes me wonder if I was hyper as a kid. Take care Jennifer, God bless you, Annette
Most Active
Recent Topics