Is this normal?

Francine
on 1/5/06 11:32 pm - Shelby Township, MI
I had my surgery on 12/12 - on my one week check up I lost 21lbs, 5 days later I weighted myself again and lost nothing. So I was discouraged to get back on the scale. Today I did and still haven't lost. Has anybody else experience this or am I doing something wrong?
Gramsto3
on 1/6/06 1:01 am - Grand Rapids, MI
Don't panic - this is normal - body is just adjusting to the surgery and your initial weight loss. You may have several of these "stalls" while the body adjusts - just sit back, relax, drink all your water and get your protein in and you should do fine. Good luck.
(deactivated member)
on 1/6/06 1:04 am - Oak park, MI
That is very normal. I would not rely on the on the scale for progress at this point. Put it away(I know easier said). But truly, your body is going through so much. At this point, it is impossible to fail. The scale is not your friend. When I was first out I was lucky. I did not have a scale at home that would go high enough to weigh me. I had to go to the doctors office. I really only went every couple of weeks as it was a little distance from my house. I would have driven myslef crazy if I could have weighed myslef every day. You will too. Just keep doing what you are supposed to, and stay focused on your health instead of your weight. The weight will come off I promise. Terri
Jay K.
on 1/6/06 9:50 am - Madison Heights, MI
i lost 20lbs my first two weeks and then NOTHING for a month! it was so discouraging. Now i'm not even at my 6 month anniversary yet but i've lost 135lbs!!! So try not to get too down.
deborah wiegand
on 1/6/06 10:22 pm - Macomb, MI
Hi Francine, I had my surgery 12-1-05 and have lost 49lbs. I was stuck at 48 for 5 days. My first week I had lost 20 lbs also. Now that I excersize more I notice I'm losing inches and not pounds, that could be the case. I talked with Dr.Kole on Wednesday and he said you will hit many plateaus. Our bodies are adjusting to the "NEW" way of living. Hugs, Deborah
Most Active
Recent Topics