Info needed please.

Wings In Waiting
on 1/5/06 12:54 pm - Transplanted, MI
I started emailing folks through the OH site back around the 22nd of December in regard to contact info for Dr. Schuchknect(sp)...I am told he used to be at CORI. Still no replies so maybe it's coz of the holidays or cause the messages aren't being delivered or whatever. I am trying to get this info for a local friend and she doesn't have internet access. She had an appt. with the doc before he went to NY....but since he returned she was told he is no longer at CORI. When she called they said they have no contact info for him. I know there are bunches of his patients on here.....but I can't get a reply for whatever reason. So..........if one or many of you would be so kind as to post current contact information and a new location for Dr. S......please. So I can pass it on to her. Thank you all so very much in advance Marsha
Wings In Waiting
on 1/6/06 4:10 am - Transplanted, MI
Thank you so very much Jennifer. I will pass this info on to her and she can get the calls made ASAP. And hopefully get back on track with working toward her possible surgery. Marsha
gabbylotta
on 1/6/06 12:30 am - Allen Park, MI
Marsha, I had my surgery done by Dr. Sapala at CORI center... he moved his practice to NY. I had my tummy tuck done by Dr. Schuchknect and he also went with Dr. Sapala to New York, NY. It is my understanding that if you had your surgery with either of these drs.. you are to see another physician at the CORI center office here in Michigan. They will not take calls from patients they have seen in Michigan.. your friend will most likely have to see someone else at the center. Did Dr. S perform her surgery or was this just a consultation? Good luck to your friend........ Tina
Wings In Waiting
on 1/6/06 4:23 am - Transplanted, MI
Tina Somehow what you wrote doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If Drs Sapala and Schuhknect won't take calls from patients they saw in MI....then WHY would Dr. Schuhkneckt be having a support group meeting? I just read on this forum about it last month and many of the people planning to attend were the ones I wrote to for information........they all had surgery by him before he left for NY. He may be one awesome surgeon but I don't know if his NY pateints would be coming all the way to MI for a suport group meeting. I can fully understand that CORI would want to retain any and all patients but I don't think they can force you to remain with them. If their surgeon leaves...I would think he would welcome the patient base to go along with him. Thankfully she didn't have surgery at CORI so she won't have to deal with all the confusion or the lack of aftercare that seems to be the continual battle that I see here with most CORI patients. I am just hopeful that Dr Schuhknect will be taking new pateints and will help her. I hope your experience has been a good one. Best Wishes Marsha
janet_c
on 1/6/06 2:05 pm - detroit, MI
I heard Dr Schuhneckt is at riverview saint john's hospital full time now. I heard he doesn't go to NY anymore. Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics