Kind of personal post-op question...

Michele P
on 1/5/06 4:15 am
I called the nutritionist at Barix Wednesday - because I was doing so well I got moved to full liquids a bit early. I'm doing as directed and only eating from my approved list, blending it to oblivion and only eating what comes through the mesh strainer. But I'm having some weird for me side-effects. (Stop reading now if you are easily mortified- I'm mortified enough about asking.) Ok - some 4 hours after a liquid meal - I have about a minute's worth of notice that I need to go...and I mean GO now. And to be indelicate - I would blow the toilet off the stand if it was screwed to floor. Having been a pretty regular person before - like clockwork between certain times- and no issues with a Vesuvius effect- I'm a bit taken aback. Is this normal post-op? Puzzled... Michele P
(deactivated member)
on 1/5/06 4:18 am - Oak park, MI
I had to take immodium AD about a week after surgery(with docs permission). I took it for about a week. It went away and I have been regular ever since. I know many that had to take the immodium. They make it in liquid form. I would check with the doc first.
Sheryl
on 1/5/06 5:53 am - Kalamazoo Area, MI
Michele, for me it was once I moved to the protein drinks. I was fine with water, crystal lite and broth. But give me any of the protein drinks and WOW...... keep the toilet close by. I still have that trouble with most of them, particularily the skim milk and carnation instant bfast. I'm using Unjury now with great success (not to mention good taste) and no more bathroom problems. I put it in Carb Countdown milk and had an easy 28g of protein in 8 oz. I think that part of it is like if you turn on the water supply to a house and you have air in the line so the faucet bursts and makes funny noises. Our insides are just learning to rework. Sheryl In the Zoo
litalynn
on 1/5/06 10:34 pm - MI
Sorry to say but this lasted for me post op for 18 months. I would be on the expressway on my way to work and boom! It only stopped when I had another surgery a few weeks ago. I hope you don't go through this like I did.
arcadiaden
on 1/6/06 6:11 am - Allegan, MI
Really stay away from anything dairy. Some soups have dairy in them, and other prepared food. I use lactose free milk to make my protein drinks and for cooking. Cream cheese makes me sick, really sick! Hope that helps!
chnsuz
on 1/6/06 11:10 am - Mt. Pleasant, MI
The only loose stools I have had since surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago was after yogurt a few days after and then after some thin mashed potatoes with butter yesterday. I know that quite a few have trouble with dairy but my husband and I have been fine with it. I do know that the dietician said not to drink during your meal so that the food has a chace to mix with the acid before moving along, also. Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics