ADVICE FROM POST-OPS NEEDED

Vickie B.
on 1/4/06 1:17 pm - Ann Arbor, MI
Hi All My surgery date is Jan 12 and I would be very greatful for any advice on what to take with me or what to expect the day of surgery. I will be the first surgery at the Uof M 's new bariatric program.....kind of nervous about that. Happy Newyear Vickie
flash
on 1/4/06 1:31 pm - North Branch, MI
Vickie-- Hello and Congrats on your surgery date. I was wondering which surgery you were going to have. I am having my WLS this Friday and I am having the Lap Band. If you want I will be glad to share my experience with you. I will post to this message board as soon as I can after my surgery. I will keep you in my prayers. God bless-- Sam
Diane B.
on 1/4/06 9:59 pm - Marysville, MI
Hi Sam, I originally went for the Lap Band with Dr. Bhesania. He is such a nice man. But my insurance denied the lap band so I went for the RNY. So far, the RNY has been the best choice for me anyway. I hope all goes well for you. If you'd like a visitor, I'd be happy to stop by and check in on you! Let me know! Diane
Annette L.
on 1/4/06 3:26 pm - Farmington Hills , MI
Hi Vickie, Best wishes on your surgery next week. Nervous is normal. Pray about it, is my suggestion to you. Pack light. You wont need much, Clean under garments, chapstick, slip on slippers. Tooth brush and paste, comb/ brush. Maybe a book or magazine, I took my Bible (yes I did read it). You may want your robe (I didn't use mine, seem's that most people don't). I took my pillow I was much more comfortable using my own. You should take some pad's and/or tampax. often we ladies will have our periods right before or after surgery~you want to be perpared. I hope this helps. God bless you, Annette
donnami
on 1/4/06 7:45 pm - Ann Arbor, MI
Vickie, Congrats on being the first! I am sure you will get the very best care being the first! I am so glad they are finally doing surgery there, there are not many options in this area. So who is the surgeon? Are they going to have any aftercare/meetings? There is a WLS group in Jackson if you need support. Be sure to take chap stick and a robe. I used my robe alot while walking the halls. My favorite protein drink was ISOpure from GNC-the only one I could stand right after surgery. Now it is Unjury chocolate, I buy it online and put it in my coffee. Best wishes....Donna
Vickie B.
on 1/5/06 8:34 am - Ann Arbor, MI
Hi All Thankyou for all your wonderful info its helps alot to get it from people who have done this....Donna my surgeon name is Dr Birkmeyer and they're trying to get a support meeting going but the program is so new their are not many of us......Anyhoo Thanks alot. Vickie
Patty A.
on 1/4/06 8:53 pm - Romulus, MI
Hi Vickie, Congratulations on making one of the best decisions of your life. My cousin is having surgery on the 12th in Ann Arbor too. Who is your doctor? I would love to see her partner with another Loser from the same day if she is at the same hospital. Her name is Michelle if you bump inot her in the halls. I had WLS surgery in Aug 04 and I recommend you pack light. I took my favorite pillow with me and of course slippers. I did take a noghtgown and robe but ended up just using the hospital stuff because it was easier. When you get out of surgery please concentrate on walkng as soon as you can because the more you walk the better you will feel and the quicker you will heal. Good Luck and I will keep you in my prayers. Patty Alley
Vickie B.
on 1/5/06 8:21 am - Ann Arbor, MI
Hi Patty I know one outher person is having wls on the 12 Jan....it has to be your cousin because they told me they are only doing two surgerys that day.If she would like to talk B-4 surgery you can give her my E-mail.([email protected]) I would like to know if shes as nervous as me.Thank you for all your good info........Vickie
Dori V.
on 1/5/06 12:43 am - Greenville, MI
Hello there, and Congrats..... Ok I had my surgery on the 16th of Dec. I took my pillow, it smelled like home and helped me through the nights. I took a robe and slippers, used them often.. and tooth brush and paste , brush, perfume (ya feel better if you are not stinky haha) and a note book to jot down how I was feeling at the time everything happened.. My best advise, WALK as soon as they let you.. it made me feel so much better and stronger, when I left I felt pretty good and the walking helps if you have the RNY or Lap for the gas effect after surgery... again Congrats!!!! and I will pray for a very unexciting day for you! (((HUGS))) Dori
Most Active
Recent Topics