wt not moving...

dbdb20
on 1/4/06 11:23 am - Howell, MI
I had wls 9/05 and was wondering if anyone has had issues with the wt not moving down at all? I am down about 60 pounds and don't get me wrong I thank god each day for where I am. Although this last week or two the weight isn't really moving down.. I have started working out and thought that it would really show some improvement.. Help-- any suggestions?? I am new to this site and would like any help I can get..thanks! Denise
Annette L.
on 1/4/06 12:05 pm - Farmington Hills , MI
Hi Denise, How much protein are you getting in, and how many calories? You may need to up both of them. Best wishes. God bless you, Annette
dbdb20
on 1/5/06 9:21 am - Howell, MI
Annette, I am not sure how many calories..probably not many..and I haven't been good with the protein.. (I really dislike milk) and that is about the only way I know to take it.. Have tried some protein bars but can't eat a whole one...lol any suggestions?? I need help getting that protein in! Thanks for your help Denise
ImANewDee
on 1/4/06 4:48 pm - Grand Rapids, MI 49504, USA, MI
Denise...it is typically normal between the 3rd and 4th month out to hit a plateau. Dont worry at all. Just keep getting in your protein...drinking your water...and doing what you are doing and you will see the numbers start droping again soon. The added bonus of exercise could also be building up your muscle so that will also make it look like you arent losing weight when you really are. Watch for clues in how your clothing fits differently as well. While we may not always be losing pounds as well...we can be still losing inches while our body reshifts itself. {{hugs}} Diane
dbdb20
on 1/5/06 9:24 am - Howell, MI
Thanks Diane, you give me hope... my clothes do fit better I know that I have a problem not getting the protein in the way I should.. I really need to work on that. Any ideas that might help??
RhondaShoemaker
on 1/4/06 9:01 pm - Shelby Township, MI
I had my surgery on September 15th, and my weight loss is now about 10 lbs a month, and I've also lost about 54 lbs. I gained a pound from yesterday - figure it has to be from the Chex Mix that I had last night. I don't panic like I once did at even the slightest weight gain. I've been told that when you hit a plateau it's because your body needs to catch up with you - sorta like when you do a hundred yard dash and have to stop to catch your breath!
dbdb20
on 1/5/06 9:29 am - Howell, MI
that stands to reason about your body having to catch up, I just wi**** would get moving again.. glad to hear you are doing so well with your weight loss that is great..Where did you have your wls?
Lizzie_B
on 1/5/06 12:45 am - Jackson, MI
Hi Denise, Don't you fret about it. You keep up your water and protein and exercise and everyone's right, you'll suddenly feel a difference. The fact is, muscle weighs more than fat does, but takes up less space! You're maintaining and rebuilding that muscle and your body is rearranging itself...you'll see the inches come off and feel the difference in your clothes...then one day you'll weigh yourself and WOW the scale will be on the move again! I don't own a scale, I just keep testing out smaller clothes that people have given me and popping into my PCP's office when I think I've gotten somewhere...it's really pretty fun 'cuz all the staff gets in on the excitement . I keep wanting to get one, but after 6 months of doing it this way, I don't know if I want the temptation of weighing myself all the time and worrying about what the scale is doing! Keep up the wonderful work, Lizzie B
dbdb20
on 1/5/06 9:18 am - Howell, MI
Lizzie, thanks for the info I think that I need to get rid of that silly scale anyway..I can't help but get on it in the morning and at nite and that doesn't help..makes the moods go up and down! Take Care Denise
Most Active
Recent Topics