Back to reality!

tap51901
on 1/3/06 1:08 pm - Royal Oak, MI
Well, after two weeks of watching every daytime court show on t.v. (Judge Judy, Judge Hatchett, Judge Joe Brown, Judge Mathis, Judge Alex, Divorce Court and People's Court!), I returned to the real world of law today. Before I left on 12/16 (surgery was 12/19), only three people knew I was having surgery: my secretary/third mom, the partner to whom I'm most accountable and one secretary who had it done three years ago. I returned and quite a few people seemed to have heard about it and all I received was positive feedback...it was so nice to be back! Even the head partner came down to my office to chat about the surgery and tell me how excited he was for me and happy to see me back. It was also great just to be around other people...ANY other people! Don't get me wrong, I adore my husband and he has been absolutely wonderful during this whole thing, but he works from home and was driving me CRAZY doting over me! I started the day having the second half of my staples removed, which was more uncomfortable than having the first half removed last week...I guess they wanted to stay in! For those who may be confused by this, when the nurse wanted to remove all my staples last week, I wouldn't let her, thinking that those little guys were the only things holding me together! I also found out that I lost ten more pounds since last Tuesday---YIPPEE! So far, no problems...knock on wood! My next challenge is to work in the walking around the rest of my schedule...it will take some juggling, but I WILL get it in! Theresa
flash
on 1/3/06 1:39 pm - North Branch, MI
Thersea-- I am very happy for you. It's nice that you are recieving good feedback from your coworkers. I cant help but smile when you say that you lost 10 more pounds because I know that its a very important acomplishment. Good for you. Sam
Beth Hand (was
Gothro)

on 1/3/06 1:58 pm - Fowlerville, MI
Way to go Theresa!!! Lucky you, back to work already. I have to wait until I see Dr. Wood on Friday before I get the ok to drive/work. I can hardly wait.. yes, daytime TV is nice for a change, but it gets old fast. I've found solace in the Game Show Network, and watching repeats of old 70's game shows. Beth
Somewhereinmacom
b

on 1/3/06 7:58 pm - Sterling Heights, MI
It's kind of nice to get back to work isnt it? Even nicer to get the support. You're doing great, congrats.
Theresa W.
on 1/3/06 9:52 pm - Northern Lower, MI
Sounds like you are right on track!! Congrats and happy losing!!! Theresa
Most Active
Recent Topics