I'm home and....

Annette L.
on 1/3/06 7:26 am - Farmington Hills , MI
...Feeling much better! I can eat and drink without feeling sick at all. I had a narrowing, and a small stricture at the anastomosis side(sorry but I don't remember what the anastomosis side means~even though he told me what it was). The E.G.D. wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. All I remember about it is I was gagging, I thought I was going to throw up, and someone saying not to do that. The I.V. went in with very little pain. This is a first for me . They did have to use a needle that was intended for use on an infant ,the toddler one was to big. I have a bit of a sore throat, but feel pretty good. The Dr. said I may not ever have to have this done again~but mostly likely would have to do it again. Maybe as soon as 2 days or as long as a few week's. whatever the case, I feels good to be able to eat and drink without being sick! Thank you all for your encouragement, and support when I was not sure what I should do. Love you guy's you're the bestest God bless you all, Annette
Jenny Girl
on 1/3/06 8:07 am - Hope, MI
Hi Annette, I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better. I am releaved to know that everything is alright. I got your last post and I am doing alright. I am just trying to take one day at a time. I still am not getting all my fluid or protein in. I do get most of my protein but still only half of the liquids. I did get some good news today. I went to my PCP today and I am now able to be off my blood pressure medicine. I still have to keep an eye on my blood pressure for a while but I now have one less pill I have to take. I do have a question, I know that everyone is different and everyones weight loss will be different but I am just curious if my loss is about normal or not? I have loss 25 pounds since the week before my surgery which has been 5 weeks ago today, so its 25 pound in 6 weeks. Do you think this is about average? I am happy with it I am just wondering if I am losing the way I am suppose to be. Thanks for your help and keep me posted on how you are doing. Oh-yeah I get to go back to work tommorow. God bless you, Jennifer V.
Annette L.
on 1/4/06 2:18 am - Farmington Hills , MI
Hi Jennifer, I'm glad that you're feeling better. I know it's hard to get everything in. Keep trying. Annette say's we should be getting in 700 to 900 calories at this point. She also told me the other day, at this far out (5weeks) I should be able to eat 3 oz's comfortably. I've never been able to eat more than 2 oz's. I'm not sure how much of a loss is average, but what is important is that you are losing! We all lose at a different rate. Usually the heavier a person is the quicker he/ she will lose the excess weight. I haven't lost anything for two weeks now. When I weighed myself yesterday at the hospital it said I had gained 12 pound's. I don't know how that could be possiable~I HAVENT' BEEN EATING ANYTHING! I'm thinking the scale I used before that must have been way off. Any how, are you happy to be going back to work? Try not to over do it. Make sure you remember to sip your water, and to eat when you are supposed to. Let me know how it goes. This comming Tuesday (Jan. 10th) is centurian night at Henry Ford Hospital at 6:00pm. Do you think you will be able to make it? I've heard it's really inspiring. I will be there. Take care Jennifer. God bless you, Annette
Annette L.
on 1/5/06 5:57 am - Farmington Hills , MI
Hi Jennifer, I found this link that helps track you weight loss progress. i though it could help. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/information/planner+results.php God bless you, Annette
Somewhereinmacom
b

on 1/3/06 8:18 am - Sterling Heights, MI
I am glad you are doing better. now on with the program eh? And shall we believe that this is the first and last time for this procedure? Blessings, Michelle
Annette L.
on 1/4/06 2:23 am - Farmington Hills , MI
Greetings Michelle, How are you on this fine afternoon? I hope all is well. Yes, on with the program, I need to lose weight! We shall indeed agree that this is the first and last time for this procedure. My throat hurts,ouchie. God bless you Michelle, Love ya, Annette
Sheryl
on 1/3/06 9:06 am - Kalamazoo Area, MI
Yea! I'm so glad you're on the road to recovery, that this is all behind you and you'll feel wonderful from now on! Be blessed my friend! Sheryl In the Zoo
Annette L.
on 1/4/06 2:31 am - Farmington Hills , MI
YEA thank you Sheryl. I will feel wonderfull from now on...I will feel wonderfull from now on...I will feel wonderfull from now on... I will .etc., etc. (notice how I put 2 l's on wonderful~it's because I am full) I feel blessed right now. I thank the Lord for it! God bless you Sheryl, love ya, Annette
sue wentworth
on 1/3/06 12:44 pm - bay city, MI
Hello Annette, Words can't tell you how happy I'am for you .After reading your message you have to wait for your Doctor until Friday I just started to pray for you being in such bad need to see him . Thank God for answering prayers!Take care of yourself God Bless.Sue
Annette L.
on 1/4/06 2:34 am - Farmington Hills , MI
Thank you for you prayers Sue. God is so awesome! I am feeling so much better. Now I just have to start losing weight again. God bless you Sue, Annette
Most Active
Recent Topics