Dr. Joya??????

nickelnose
on 5/14/14 2:36 pm

Hi, Has anyone use Dr. Joya in Puerto Vallarta? What was your experience with him? I am hoping to go down in the middle of June to have a sleeve.

Mary C.
on 5/18/14 11:46 pm - Glovertown, Canada

Hi There - this is a post from when my husband was just a few days post op. He had Dr. Joya for VSG in May 2013.

HOLA! My husband had a VSG with Dr. Joya here at the Amerimed Hospital in Puerta Vallarta yesterday.

He is doing fantastic - no pain at all, had some nausea and urging a bit last night - but got some medication for that - and for the most part slept fairly well. He went into the OR at 1445 hrs yesterday - Dr. Joya called me at 1600hrs to tell me my husbands surgery went fine and he would ne two hrs in recovery. (The norm). Sure enough - at 1800hrs he was back in his room. He was up to go to the washroom and for a short walk around 9pm. Today he is doing well - down for his leak test at 1100hrs - passed - now taking ice chips and water. Has had a shower and a few walks. Dr. Joya has been in to see him, the psychologists has been in, the nurses have changed his small bandages twice - once early am - and then again after he showered as they got wet and started to fall of a bit. He still has an IV - but that will probably come out later this afternoon.

So far - from the fellow who met us at the airport - to the driver - to the staff at the Sunset Plaza Hotel - to people on the street that we talked to to ask where an ATM or a market was - to the staff here at Amerimed - I could not ask for any better. We expect me husband will be discharged tomorrow around noon and then we will spend the remaining two days in Puerto Vallarta back at the Sunset Plaza - which is awesome by the way!

Just wanted to post this here as I know when I was a pre-op and planning and deciding - ANY information like this was so important to me!

Feel free to message me anytime if you have any questions!

Best of luck to you!

Mary

nickelnose
on 5/19/14 3:56 am

Thank you Mary! I have been in contact with Gerald. Asked to speak with Dr. Joya and still have not had a phone call. Did you speak with him before you booked the surgery?

Mary C.
on 5/19/14 11:20 pm - Glovertown, Canada

We didn't speak with Dr. Joya until the day of surgery. Gerald took care of all our questions and concerns very well - so I really didn't feel the need. Actually didn't even speak to Gerald at all - all our communication was by emailing. But he was always very quick to respond to any questions or concerns!

nickelnose
on 5/20/14 5:44 am

Gerald was very quick and called me by phone. I have not heard from him in 2 days now though? Trying to set up payment exedra with no response. I turned in the medical history form then nothing???? 

Mary C.
on 5/21/14 12:19 am - Glovertown, Canada

Get in touch with him again - he may have been travelling over the weekend or something. As I said he was ALWAYS very timely when responding to my emails! Call and email him. Good luck!

nickelnose
on 5/21/14 7:34 am

I'm an idiot lol. I got a new computer with windows 8 I was sending my emails to myself. I was in tears my Husband went to check the emails and he figured it out lol. All is taken of now. Hoping to fly in on June 15th surgery on the 16th!

Mary C.
on 5/22/14 4:34 am - Glovertown, Canada

Oh my - no worries! - Glad you got it figured out! Email me anytime with any questions - best of luck to you!

Mary

Bonnie M
on 8/5/14 12:43 am - Sioux Falls, SD

I've been to Dr Joya, twice.  He and his staff are excellent.  I went through Gerald.  Contact info in on Dr Joya's web page.

Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 274 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 458 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1067 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1633 views