11 days!

TX M.
on 7/4/03 1:52 pm - Tx
11 days till MY DAY!!! I will be gone till 2 days before surgery. I am not sure what to do about Dr Cloughs calling me with instructions and stuff. Maybe I should try to call them while I am away. I should have thought of this before hand I guess. I do know that my surgery is at 7:30 am, but I would think I would have to be there earlier then that. Hmmmmm.................
Casey L.
on 7/4/03 11:12 pm - Old Town, ME
Hi Theresa, They will call you the day before to confirm the time (it is subject to change if needed for reasons out of our control) of your surgery. You will need to call to make sure you are pre-registered for everything which you can do by calling the number on the paper you would have recieved from Lynn telling you your date,time etc. He will not call you with instructions, a nurse from a different area of the hospital will. They will go over things you cannot wear that day (jewelery, lotion, deoderant, etc.). My surgery was also at 7:30 and they wanted me there at 5. I'm sure it's going to be the same for you. There's stuff to be done beforehand...paperwork, take antacid pills, BP, check oxygen level, practice with incentive spirometer, EKG (if you haven't had one), blood drawn and then you go to pre-anesthesia. You can call the In-Take center to ask questions about what to do that morning. As long as your surgery stays scheduled for 7:30 the only special instructions are to not have any food or drink past midnight. If your time is changed they will tell you what to do differently (no food or drink after 5 hours before surgery, and anything else that may be different for you). You don't have to do any yucky stuff like enemas or whatever. I just suggest to eat lightly the day before. I had a regular breakfast, a light lunch (fruit and a small amount of mac + cheese), then and small salad for dinner. If if makes you feel better try to do #2's before bed and before you go to pre-anesthsia. I know it made me feel better. lol. Also, he's not doing anything in the lower intestine area so that's not really a concern. Hmm...what else is there...oh ya make sure you are getting plenty of fluids, for real though. Like make sure you're up around eight 8 ounce cups a day. So you don't go in dehydrated. I can't think of anything else right now...if you think of any questions just ask, you have my email. I will be out of town tommorrow from the AM till around dinner time but I can check here/email later today. Hope this helps... ~Casey
Most Active