Anyone Got an Ark

ladybugnessa
on 9/7/11 10:31 pm - Owings Mills, MD
Happy Thursday gang,

So is everyone safe and dry?

My question for today....  How often do you weigh yourself and what do you do with that number?

I weigh myself every morning... I log this number on a spreadsheet I keep and have kept since before surgery... 

IF I weigh between 135 and 140 I am fine... that's my current goal.

this morning I moved my scale to a new location and it showed 139.6... I'm FREAKED OUT... so today I will be Polly PUREHEART and follow my food plan to the letter... NO PRETZEL SNACKS for  nessa today... NO 4 pm reese's cup....

I DO NOT, WILL NOT, and CANNOT see 14x.x on the scale tomorrow
Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

Nicole T.
on 9/8/11 11:34 pm, edited 9/8/11 11:35 pm
hope everything is good today. obsessively weighing yourself might not be very good for your mental health. maybe focus more on how you feel and weigh once a week to make sure things are on track. i don't weigh unless i'm doing a new effort to lose weight. then i get upset when i don't see what i want to see then sabotage myself. so thinking bout not weighing at all and just eating right and exercising regularly, trusting the weight will come off.
ladybugnessa
on 9/8/11 11:42 pm - Owings Mills, MD
Amazing that I was under 140 again this morning considering we ended up having dinner out... (it was Mani pedi night for us and that becomes a special night....)

if I weighed once a week I'd be nuts...   I don't think a daily weigh is obsessive...  it keeps me on track.. I mean seriously.. I can easily drop 2 or 3 pounds  but 5 6 or 7 pounds.. NOPE... way to hard... that takes a couple of weeks of effort.... 2 or 3 pounds  that can be overnight or a couple of days... much easier for me...

and right now I'm not exercising.. it still HURTS to sneeze I can't even imagine doing my yoga.
Nessa
Ticker is from Day of Surgery.. weight goal is personal preference as I've MET my doctor's goal

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

Cira S.
on 9/9/11 10:50 pm - Charles Town , WV
I weigh on a daily basis to keep myself from slipping too much.  I see the scale move upward too much and I stop everything that I am doing to get back to where I need to be.  It keeps me accountable. 

It rained this morning but the sun is peaking through and it might just be a nice day after all.

When does your doctor say you start exercising?

Have a great weekend.

~Cira

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

ladybugnessa
on 9/10/11 12:12 am - Owings Mills, MD
I agree the daily weigh holds me accountable to myself!  and that's the important part

i hope you guys have good weather... we are in PA for the weekend again... last weekend for a bit since next friday is jim's surgery...

I had just been released to return to exericse when the ulcer perforated... it's been  over 4 weeks since that surgery so I'm heading back to yoga and walking very soon.  Have to do it on my own now I gave up the gym membership.
Nessa

--

HG/SW/CW/GW
286/253/150/151

EthelMae
on 9/12/11 4:39 am - MD

Because I am just around 4 months out, I only weigh myself once a week.  Otherwise, I'd go nuttier. 

When I reach goal (I still don't what that will be), I will probably weigh myself once a day.  That way, I can better plan what to (or not) eat.

~Barb
Highest - 279 (08/2009)     Program Weight - 256 (03/10)  Surgery Weight - 232 (05/24/11)     

Cira S.
on 9/12/11 6:27 am - Charles Town , WV
Barb,

I always weighed myself on a daily basis.  It drove me bonkers at first but then I got used to it and now I can't stop. lol

I am glad you are only weighing yourself on a weekly basis.  Keeps you SANE! or you would go  lol

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1860 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2808 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4026 views