Nutritrionist/Dietician for a Post Op Patient here in Winnipeg

jacjoy
on 6/30/14 3:59 am - Winnipeg, Canada

Hello All,

I am trying to find a Nutritionist or Dietician here in Winnipeg who is familiar with Bariatric surgery patients.  I have had a Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy and a Duodenal Switch ( with Gallbladder removed after ).  Both procedures were done in Montreal as my BMI was too high for the manitoba program.   I have gone from 368 pounds since March 2013 to 238 pounds currently but I am having trouble especially since the gallbladder removal with continuing to lose weight so I am looking for a professional help.  I've called the Bariatric clinic at the Vic several times with no return calls.  My dr referred me to Krisitin Hildahl but when I called she is on mat leave.   Does anyone know or work with a dietician who deals with bariatric surgery patients.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated !!!!!

Relentless
on 8/23/14 11:27 am

Wish I could help you but I'm only familiar with the Dieticians who work out of the Victoria Hospital. Perhaps there is a Dieticians Group or organization that you can call and ask for a referral. I am preparing to hopefully have VSG in November. I have my consult with my surgeon in September. Feel free to message me if you would like to stay in touch. Donna

Most Active