Surgiversary

notoriousgrannyD
on 10/16/13 11:12 pm
VSG on 10/16/12

Hi all!  Today is my one year surgiversary and I just wanted to thank all my friends on this site who have made this the adventure that it is.  I have had many highs and lows (the pre op waiting game, the two week food funeral around Europe, the two week liquid diet). I have been scared (night before surgery - thanks again to Sondra, Lori and Barb for being there, you made all the difference! ). I have been discouraged, (dam 5 week stale at 3 weeks post op) but most importantly I have been successful for my goals!  I am pretty much at my goal, although I think it is higher than most, I do alot of weight lifting and have some decent muscles, so I am thinking after my panni, I will be just right. 

I have to say that the panni (scheduled for Nov 29th) is freaking the hell out of me!  Maybe because it is "optional" or "not necessary" or whatever, but just the idea of them cutting a big swath of skin and adipose tissue  from my abdomen and all the sutures and drains and stuff - shudder!

All in all, this has been one of the best things I have ever done.  I do know that this is also going to go on forever, I can see how people can gain their weight back (carbs are the devil)  but armed with my sleeve, I will be successful, healthy and most importantly  - get to die an old old lady in my warm bed. Haha!

. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th    
its-killen-me
on 10/17/13 1:09 am - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12

Surgiversary wow that was quick.  114 lbs lost.  AGAIN WOW.   You did great.   angry     I am in a stall right now, over 6 weeks, I hope this isn't the end of my weight loss. I still have another 90 or more I want to loose.  I am making myself start to keep track of what I am eating again, so I hope that gives me a kick start.  Congrats on the one year surgiversary and reaching your goal.     Great Job.  

Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
notoriousgrannyD
on 10/17/13 3:58 am
VSG on 10/16/12

Thanks Barb, you have done ammmmmazzzzzzing as well!  I find we don't pat ourselves on the back enough or just step back and recollect what life was like a year of two ago.  I am sure your weight loss will continue, even if it is not as quick as you would like but WOW -  135 lbs! WOW!  Did you ever think you could do that?  If you are anything like me then probably not, but you did and you will continue to do well, even it is slow.  Take care. 

. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th    
BeginsToday
on 10/17/13 5:09 am

Congratulations on a great year one and a successful journey to better health. Someday hopefully we can meet in Winnipeg and share stories. Take Care.

dawn251
on 10/17/13 9:16 am

Congrats on your one year!

BCwaiting
on 10/17/13 9:27 am - Canada
Ah, thanks Diane and you are so welcome. I am glad we were able to be a support system to each other over the past year or so. I am about 17 months out now and stopped loosing about 6 months ago. AND! YES! YOu can REGAIN. I went on vacation a month ago and for the first time in 2 years, I GAINED 3 pounds and I have not lost it. SO, Here comes the gym again in my near future. This really scares me of the thought of regaining again. BUT! I see how quickly it can happen. My appetite is huge again, (well it feels that way anyways as I always seem to want to snack) so need to figure out a way to make this work for the long haul. Christmas nearing...Dainties! YIKES! barb C

referral April/2011 Weight 230 lbs.,orientation Nov 30/2011, surgeon Jan 4/2012, Psych Feb 2, Dietician March 15, physical Apr 12, Surgery VSG May 29/2012,
pre-op weight 180 lbs. ,         
Karenerickson
on 10/17/13 11:53 am - Portage La Prairie, Canada

Congratulations, you have done awesome. You ladies are an inspiration to me. It gives me hope that I can have the success that you have all had. All I need now is a surgery date!

Karen

dawn251
on 10/19/13 12:53 pm

You and I both Karen! Let me know if you hear anything. Have you met with the surgeon yet? 

Karenerickson
on 10/20/13 12:18 am - Portage La Prairie, Canada

I see the surgeon on the 25th. I was originally scheduled to see him Oct 4th but he went on vacation.

newmelissa
on 10/21/13 1:47 pm - Brandon, Canada
On October 20, 2013 at 7:18 AM Pacific Time, Karenerickson wrote:

I see the surgeon on the 25th. I was originally scheduled to see him Oct 4th but he went on vacation.

Almost that time for you! Let us know how it went!! I'm excited for you because it was such a long wait for you! yay Karen!!!!

Most Active