Hormones after gastric bypass.

Linz-loo
on 4/23/13 1:10 pm - Winnipeg, Canada

I'm 8 months post op and just wondering if anyone else has experienced more symptoms with their periods?  I never used to have sore breasts or feeling exhausted during my period, but the last two periods I've had have been with many more symptoms.  Now I'm ovulating and I'm having strong cramps and sore breasts.  I've never had these issues.  I'm thinking that due to the weight loss maybe my hormones are more intense?  I know TMI but I can't find much info on the internet on hormones and RNY.  Any info is much appreciated. 

Thanks!

Linz-loo  
Referred May 2011. Group Session January 2012. Surgeons Consult April 2012.
Surgery Date August 2, 2012.
alle
on 5/2/13 7:06 am
RNY on 05/15/12

Well I can't help you much.  I was in menapause and I found that allot of my normal symptoms ie: hot flashes, moodiness and night sweats were way down for the first 6 months.  Now they are all back ( my old friends ) and I am dealing with them by taking estrogen.  I remember them telling me that there was a connection between fat and estrogen...I think it is that fat tissue stores estrogen and when you start losing that your estrogen levels drop too.

Referred March 2/11,  Group Orientation Nov. 4 /11, Surgery date May 15/12  RNY    
2renee
on 5/16/13 11:19 am - Ottawa, Canada
DS on 08/28/12

So estrogen is stored in fat and as your body metabolizes the fat, it releases the estrogen in your body which can reek havoc on your body and your emotions.  Try increasing your water intake, I found it helped.

Most Active