Winnipeg Program - Questions

BeginsToday
on 1/30/13 4:16 am

Hi All,

I have been reading the Sleeve forum lately and they keep mentioning "low carbs", what does the information from Winnipeg suggest? How about dairy? Also, does anyone know if having  pure lemon juice is hard on the stomach's healing.(12 weeks out)

I was also wondering where is a good place to buy flavored protein powder. I have the Costco chocolate shakes and un-flavored powder from Popeyes.

Thanks

rainyone
on 1/30/13 4:49 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12

I find the sleeve board crazy anti carb. They are a little rabid about people going low carb.  At 12 weeks I imagine lemon juice isn't bad... Considering the amount of acid we produce is typically stronger. Listen to your body.  The Winnipeg program is not low carb. I find personally I need to watch the amount of carbs to lose. Especially refined carbs ( bread, crackers, chips etc)  Dairy is good. Filling and full of good stuff imo.

I tend to buy online for protein. Click or mint cookie are my faves.  Chike is expensive but good.   Everyone is different with their tastes and I went through a ton of horrible ones to find the ones I like.

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

Teasha1
on 1/30/13 5:17 am
VSG on 06/04/12

I find that I am using a higher protein lower carb ratio and I do better that way. Carbs trigger cravings for me something fierce; so by lower I mean most days I am under 40 grms of carb; other days under 30; but I do still have days that am sitting around 50. I try to listen to my body and some days I just need 50 grms of carbs especially if I am running. I found lemon hard on my stomach and I still do (I am 8 monhts out).  I buy all my powders from Popeye's and I use the Biox Isolates and Fruit Blasts. They are 30 grms of protein for 140 calories for the Biox and 100 calories and 27 grms protein in the Fruit Blasts. (love the tropical mango fruit blast, excellent frozen as a popsicle to - mixed with a bit or fat free plain yogurt or vanilla sf pudding.

Dr. Sauceda future patient  - body will be by Sauceda!

Surgery 4 Jun 12 Dr Ponce de Leon in Mexico I was down 57 lbs prior to surgery.

Choskins
on 2/4/13 2:53 am - Canada
VSG on 12/03/12

I had the sleeve 9 weeks ago and I know nothing about the low carb?  I have stayed away from bread only because you eat so little of it and you are full and can't eat anything else - other than that I am eating normally.

Most Active