Seasons Greetings

BeginsToday
on 12/29/12 8:50 am, edited 12/29/12 10:27 am

Best Wishes to all.

It does seem strange to have lost pounds over the holidays, but I am not complaining! I did even cheat and have my favorite stuffing with my turkey, although my tummy didn't like it as well. I am almost 8 weeks post sleeve and still trying to figure it out. I need more water, protein and less whatevers! I know that I need to write down what I eat and create some good habits. I am looking forward to salads and raw veggies, when did you all try them? Has any one tried pop, I miss the  ice cold glass of carbonation. Not really missing the rum, just the coke.

I am sorry I missed the M & G today, but I won't be in Winnipeg until late next week. Keep well.

Dianne C.
on 12/29/12 11:53 am - Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
VSG on 02/06/12

Hi 

I can't remember when I started salads and raw vegetables, so I'm not very helpful there. I think it was probably around 4 or 5 months out from surgery, though, probably in the summer. The best thing to do is try a bite or two and see how it goes. Everyone is different as far as what they can eat when.

I have tried pop. I used to drink Diet Pepsi all the time. I don't really find I miss it an awful lot most of the time, but every once in a while I want those bubbles, too! I tried just one mouthful of Diet Pepsi a few times in the summer (surgery in February) and it made my stomach hurt. I tried Diet 7-Up and Diet Dr. Pepper and those were okay. I will have one small glass (about 8 oz) once every week or two. I have been able to drink Diet Pepsi now for three or four weeks. I don't intend to fall back into the habit of drinking it regularly, but every once in a while I want that "zing". It may not be a great idea and I don't think most surgeons or nutritionists would recommend having any, but on an occasional basis in small quantities I'm personally not too worried that it can do much harm.

Dianne           
HW 270 (Sept 2011); surgery weight 236 (Feb 6, 2012); current 167 (103 lb lost); goal set by nutritionist 148 (ha ha!!). Vertical sleeve gastrectomy at Obesity Control Center (Dr. Ariel Ortiz), Tijuana, MX. Self-pay, self-referral, 4-week wait. Abdominoplasty Aug 10, 2013 (Dr. K. Dolynchuk, Winnipeg - self-pay)

Madelaine2000
on 12/29/12 9:59 pm

I remember trying salad, one bite, at 3 months out and it was unsettling. But at 5-6 months, salad and raw veggies are great. Just chew them up really well and things should be okay. From reading on here it seems like almost everyone tries things at different time frames according to their doctor. For those of us who went to Mexico and dont have regular check-ups with our surgeon, its hard to gauge when to try stuff. I read when others added in certain foods and slowly tried them myself at the same time frames..its all still trial and error for all of us so dont worry! I have not tried carbonation or alcohol yet at 7 months. Im kinda scared of the affect so I stay away. (Ive had some bad uncomfortable hours with a food that my tummy didnt like, specifically egg salad) so I am cautious now when trying new things. Just try a bit and see how it sits and go from there. Most of us are still trying to figure it out and probably will for a long time!

Referred Dec/2011
Acceptance letter Jan 24/12
VSG MAY 22 DR. PONCE DE LEON MEXICO
7.5 months - 70 pounds!!!

Most Active