Opinions please?!

mama-of-2
on 9/16/12 4:30 pm - Canada

I had my RNY 10 months ago and I've been at a stall for awhile. I've past the nuts goal and my own personal goal but now I just wanna lose another 10 lbs. I've been toying with the idea of doing a week of optifast shakes - no food, just like the pre surgery but only 1 week not 2. Do you think this is a good idea? I'm scared of doing something to the pouch since it will be liquid only, no food, but at least I know I'll get my protein in. Any thoughts on this would be great.
Thanks for listening and your opinions!

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/12 2:56 pm
i think it would be ok but you probably wouldnt have to do the full week just a couple of days.i had to do clear fluids for 3 days and i lost the last 5 lbs i wanted off
mama-of-2
on 9/17/12 5:55 pm - Canada
Good to know!
I'm going to try it until Friday. After my first shake today I have no idea how I was able to drink those for 2 weeks. The only incentive was knowing I was getting surgery. I really dislike those shakes.
Thanks again for the advice.
Michelle_2975
on 9/18/12 9:46 am - Canada
Have you tried the 5 day pouch test diet?

http://www.5daypouchtest.com/plan/theplan.html

It is suppose to kind of reset your pouch but I find it good to kick start my weight loss when I would hit a stall.
Kokonut
on 9/21/12 8:18 pm
I wouldn't do just liquids. I would up my excercise and see what happens. I had a stall for MONTHS after about 7-8 mos. I still dropped almost another 20lbs after that.  Maybe you could check in with the doctors from the clinic? I know they have a lot of new programs in place for us now. Maybe you could tweak your "diet" and shake things up a bit. Also since you have surppassed all of your expectations you could just RELAX...LOL

If you really gotta do it, the 5 day pouch test is interesting, but I would still check with the doctors. :)

Good Luck and seriously you've done so well!!!
Highest Weight Ever:312 StartW:272 CW:164 SW:253 GW:180  Height 5'10"

mama-of-2
on 9/21/12 9:36 pm - Canada
Thanks ladies! I've appreciated the input.
I actually only did 3 days. I really couldnt stomach the shakes any longer. I have no idea how I did 2 weeks with no cheating. I know it was the inticement of having the surgery!
So in those 3 days I lost 6 pounds but honestly I felt sick for the full 3 days. I don't think I'll do shakes any time soon...lol.
Good advice, I'll check with the clinic/dr's next time...but no to the exercise. Just cant do that, it;s not in me!
Most Active