Why Im so glad I had the VSG!!!

Madelaine2000
on 8/6/12 12:00 am
I am about 2.5 months out..I breathe better, my body doesnt ache from just living it aches now from walking, biking etc, I have lost 6.5 inches from my tummy and 5 from my chest, my face doesnt look bloated, my blood pressure is back to normal, I can control what I eat, and feel BEAUTIFUL!!

Just returned from Grand Forks with my sister and although I didnt find lots of clothes to finish me off for the summer (all picked over) I did find one gorgeous pair of jean capris that look amazing 60% off and one pair of black dress pants regular 75.00 marked down to $6.00!!!! They are one size to small ( a 16!!!) but I could tell that when the time comes, they will look great. They are my goal pants for fall. Its been about 10 years since Ive been this size so kinda amazing to me.

The best part too was that I wasn't tempted by all the food choices or the chocolates from the Chocolate Shop because I felt so good being in control.  And I was having too much fun to have something I shouldn't and then have to sit at the hotel feeling sick..no way. Very different mind set from the old me before surgery. It would have been a "we're on vacation mode, lets splurge" mentality Love that. And I weighed in this morning to see a one pound loss which makes it 41 pounds to date. Cant remember a shopping trip where I come home to a loss!!!

Maybe another 50 to go and that should be goal. This is be far one of the best decisions I have ever made for myself and the money spent was well worth it. Thanks to all for your support and encouragement.

Referred Dec/2011
Acceptance letter Jan 24/12
VSG MAY 22 DR. PONCE DE LEON MEXICO
7.5 months - 70 pounds!!!

alle
on 8/6/12 12:08 am
RNY on 05/15/12
Way to go!   Doesn't it feel amazing to be in control?   

Referred March 2/11,  Group Orientation Nov. 4 /11, Surgery date May 15/12  RNY    
BeginsToday
on 8/6/12 2:50 am
Great update of your vacation, way to be in control! Thanks for letting us, who are still thinking of having the surgery, that maybe we can get in control as well. My main reason to have it done would be to get off meds and to have less pain just moving, so I am glad to see the positive results you have had.
I am disappointed that I didnt make the M & G but my girls were shopping and I still haven't talked to everyone yet, so it would of been hard to explain why I had to go to the Vic for a meeting. Hopefully next time I am in Wpg. I can make it.
Enjoy the rest of the summer.
justmest
on 8/6/12 2:50 am - Canada
VSG on 05/21/12
way to go!  I am heading out next week and looking forward to feeling the same way when I get back :) 

Referal weight 265, surgery date weight 243, ticker is all post op loss so add 22 to ticker loss

Teasha1
on 8/6/12 3:00 am
VSG on 06/04/12
Way to go!  It is nice to not have to worry about eating isn't it.  The changes you are describing are incredible good for you!!!  Keep up the good work and you will be wearing those new black slacks in no time.  

Dr. Sauceda future patient  - body will be by Sauceda!

Surgery 4 Jun 12 Dr Ponce de Leon in Mexico I was down 57 lbs prior to surgery.

rainyone
on 8/6/12 6:35 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12
Isn't it amazing?sounds like you got amazing deals.

I find all sorts of events that used to be so focused around food now are focused around social stuff. We went to GF for the day and I didn't care where we ate, before I was always wanting certain places.  Felt good to be in control. Going tomorrow with my sister and I think we might just pack a lunch/breakfast so we can shop more lol. Either that or share something ( although I doubt we can finish an entree between the two of us lol )  

I love the feeling of control the most. 

I love shopping in regular sizes at stores. I am still in 16's and large/XL sizes but it is pretty cool that I don't even wander over to the plus sizes anymore since I know I won't be in them for long! I am still amazed at that the most. I've been in these plus sizes since I was a teen.

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

Most Active