update...

mama-of-2
on 4/25/12 10:10 am - Canada
So yesterday I went in for day surgery with Dr. Vergis. I was having trouble eating solid foods since my RNY and was throwing up on a daily basis. He went in and widened the connection and although I've only had one real food meal it seems to be better already.

But this is also what I have found only 5 months out...

When I went in for surgery 5 months ago I needed to wear the largest size bed smock they had for the surgery, yesterday I got to wear the "normal" that everyone gets and I had room to spare?!

When they went to take my blood pressure, I always have to tell them they will need the bigger cuff, although they never listened the normal size never fit until YESTERDAY!

And last but not least I am 1 - yes ONE pound away from the NUTS goal weight of 165, damn that one pound, but I'm still happy to see 166. It has not been a bad 5 months. I love all these changes. I am officially down 73 pounds. To think how many years I've sat here with all this extra weight I feel like I never took advantage of what I could have done but I'm happy to be here now. Better late than never!
Madelaine2000
on 4/25/12 10:26 am
Sorry to hear you had a rough time but congrats on the weight loss..you must feel so great and empowered! Id love to see some progress pics if you have.

Referred Dec/2011
Acceptance letter Jan 24/12
VSG MAY 22 DR. PONCE DE LEON MEXICO
7.5 months - 70 pounds!!!

justmest
on 4/25/12 10:28 am - Canada
VSG on 05/21/12
 Congrats!!! on all the victories! 
glad that you are all fixed up, and feeling better! 

Referal weight 265, surgery date weight 243, ticker is all post op loss so add 22 to ticker loss

justlori
on 4/25/12 10:37 am - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 02/21/12
Boo that you had to go in for that second surgery...but glad to here it went well.   Yay that you have lost 73 lbs in 5 months..that's fantastic.   It's not surprising to me that you wore the " normal size" hospital gown.  When I saw you at the last meet and greet you looked awesome!  You're a petite little thing now!

It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves. Edmund Hillary
HW 282  CW 229  Height 5'9"  NUT Goal: 195-199  My Goal: 175

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/12 11:35 am - Canada
Glad to hear your on the mend , and do wonderful on your journey  
seeking_freedom
on 4/26/12 8:08 am - winnipeg, Canada
RNY on 06/05/12
 yay! for the nsv's! glad the dilation did the trick. 
take care of you, hope to see you at the m & g
niki

refered to weight wise , edmonton june 2010, asessment nov 2011, surg june 2012
mama-of-2
on 4/26/12 10:50 am - Canada
Thanks for all the wonderful comments!

Yes, I will definetly be at the next M&G. See you all there!
charleenc
on 4/26/12 12:16 pm - Canada
 That great news mama.  Way to go on the weight loss. I'm so happy for you and cant wait to see the new skinny mama : )
Most Active