When do the Vitamins Start??

Hes0775
on 3/24/12 8:07 am
I know in our "booklet" it says we should be starting our vitamin regime within 2-4 weeks after surgery.   Are we still supposed to be crushing our pills?  Or can we be swallowing them whole this soon after surgery?  
Heather      
Kjmollyo
on 3/24/12 1:42 pm
RNY on 01/23/12
 We have to crush our pills for 2 weeks after surgery.  That for me was the worst! I bought chewable gravol and liquid tylenol, which was also horrid but better than the dry crushed versions.  I couldnt wait to start swallowing my pills.  My vitamins are chewable, liquid and sublingual so that was easy enough, even if they dont taste good!  kj
Michelle_2975
on 3/25/12 3:53 pm - Canada
I started taking vitamins right from the hospital. I started taking all the others when I got home. I have crushed my pills from the beginning. I use chewable vitamins and calcium and vit D chews. I still have to crush my other meds.
Used2Bthin
on 3/26/12 3:47 am - Canada
I started taking my vitamins while in the hospital.  I still do the chewables for the vitamins and liquid for the calcuim.
     Dr. Nohr in Medicine Hat.  Open RNY March 28 2011.  Start weight 253 current weight 122.       
Most Active