VSG for MEN in Manitoba????

tuckergirl
on 3/20/12 2:08 am - Canada
Hi everyone!

Well, after seeing my great experience with the surgery, my hubby has decided to persue this road as well!  So, I'm looking for ANY advice in regards to males receiving this surgery??

Is Manitoba open to men yet?  Do you know what it costs for an out-of-province person to get surgery in Manitoba?

Are there any other provinces open to men??

ANY advice would be AMAZING!  Thank you!! :)

Ticker id: tnRU

Ticker id: tnRU

Used2Bthin
on 3/20/12 2:52 am - Canada
The last thing I read is it is still not open to men.  Out of province is covered as long as reffered by his GP.  He will have his travel expenses and food I believe covered for the trip.  If he is required to stay in a hotel that will be as his own expense.
     Dr. Nohr in Medicine Hat.  Open RNY March 28 2011.  Start weight 253 current weight 122.       
wayne.g
on 3/20/12 1:09 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
I had this done in Edmonton in September 2011, went very good and it was all covered except for the traveling. waiting was long but good
good luck
Wayne
seeking_freedom
on 3/20/12 3:57 pm - winnipeg, Canada
RNY on 06/05/12
 hi there, great to see a guy on this forum, and a fellow weight wiser to boot!
my hubby is wanting to get vsg hoping to go through edmonton like myself. just wanted to say hi
niki

refered to weight wise , edmonton june 2010, asessment nov 2011, surg june 2012
canadiancricket
on 3/22/12 9:29 am - Canada
 http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/MB/4510546/Winnipeg-Bariatric-program/

that thread says the program is no longer considered a pilot program. If that's the case it would be open to men.
Not sure about wait time, likely 3-5 years 
sissi
on 3/28/13 12:35 pm - Canada
I know you asked this question last year but I wanted to let you know that Manitoba (according to my nut) now is taking on men for this surgery. Starting this year. Waiting time 2yrs+ or so she said. Worth it to inquire, see your gp and get referred I guess. Good Lucknow your hubby
                Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker

Most Active