Still hard to believe........

charleenc
on 3/16/12 5:18 am - Canada
...............what a difference four months can make.  I'm now a little over four month post- surgery and am down about 75 pounds and over 52 inches.  Today was a little bit of an emotional day as I received my four month photo from my friend who is a photographer who is documenting my journey.  She sent me a before and after and when I opened the email I basically started to cry as I didn't realize till I saw the photo how far I have come.  Keep thinking to myself why on earth did I let anyone take my picture in that top.  : )  Prior to surgery I didn't really tell anyone but my family but it has become so hard to not tell the truth when people ask what I have been doing that I have decided to come clean......even posted my before and after photo on facebook.  : )  

I have really had no complications from surgery and have been basically smiling ever since.  Only downfall has been my hair loss but it's a small price to pay for feeling so much better about msyelf.   Food wise I can basically eat anything I want and try to eat very clean and healthy.   Exercise has becomce so much easier even though I did exercise before surgery very hard but now I think I'm just insane.  I do three circuit training classes a week, two spin classes, weight twice a week and run/walk every day about 45 minute to an hour.   

For those you with any doubts this surgery will change your life but it is in no way the easy way out.

Thanks everyone for your support.  I hope to make it to the M & G this Sunday but I am travelling a lot for work lately and have so much to get done but will try my best.
Hes0775
on 3/16/12 7:52 am
That's so awesome!! 
Heather      
grneyedgrl75
on 3/16/12 8:24 am - Canada
YAY!! i'm so happy for you!!

keep smiling :)

Nicole

alle
on 3/16/12 8:30 am
RNY on 05/15/12

Wow I am so happy for you!  In just four months you have made such huge change.  You Rock!

mama-of-2
on 3/16/12 8:38 am - Canada
Hey there!

I am so proud of you, you rock!!!!

You really look amazing. You were beautiful before the surgery and your outside is just as beautiful as the inside.

I'm heading to the M&G this Sunday too. Email or call me and if you want I can swing by and pick you up on the way.

All the best in your new journey of your life, you deserve it!

J.
justlori
on 3/16/12 9:46 am - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 02/21/12
Way to go Charleen!  Now if I could get just a little more motivated to do even half the exercise you are doing!   Hopefully I will get to see the new you at one of the up and coming meet and greets. 

It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves. Edmund Hillary
HW 282  CW 229  Height 5'9"  NUT Goal: 195-199  My Goal: 175

Madelaine2000
on 3/16/12 10:39 am
Thank you for posting this Charlene and way to go! Thats incredible and so motivating for those of us still just waiting and waiting. Im hoping that with the weight loss, my energy will come back and exercise wont seem like such a chore. You are doing so great!!
seeking_freedom
on 3/16/12 12:41 pm - winnipeg, Canada
RNY on 06/05/12
 WOW!!!
thats amazing!, i cant believe how much you are able to do! awesome girl!
your a true inspiration, thanks
niki

refered to weight wise , edmonton june 2010, asessment nov 2011, surg june 2012
Most Active