The Michelles were Awesome

Mrs.Jackatar
on 3/6/12 11:24 am - Pine Falls, Canada
OMG you guys were so awesome.  I am so proud of you both.  My heart was just pounding.  Good for you both for telling your stories!  I shed a few tears as well.  I can't wait to see you at the next M & G. 
Congratulations ! You guys ROCK!!!

Sherry
HW 300 CW 294 DAY OF SURG WEIGHT 267 Height  5'2.5
NUT Goal 180   My Goal  150

charleenc
on 3/6/12 11:38 am - Canada
 I am in total agreement both of you were awesome. Your stories brought tears to my eyes as I could relate to your stories. It's amazing to me how everything gets so much easier affer surgery.  People need to be educated that obesity is a disease and the surgery is not the easy way out.  We have struggled our whole lives. This is just a tool. You both are an inspiration to us as we go through this journey. Looking forward to seeing you both at the M & G.  
TotalKa_os
on 3/6/12 11:43 am - Canada
I jus****ched it with my hubby (online) and I got so emotional! Thank you for being so much braver than I am and sharing your story.
I am really wishing I could come to the next m and g...especially so I can congratulate you in person. To bad we can't squeeze one in before spring break!!

HW: 290 SW: 260 CW: 165 Their goal: 195 My goal: 160

seeking_freedom
on 3/6/12 12:01 pm - winnipeg, Canada
RNY on 06/05/12
 im really sorry i missed it, actually havent been on OH for a few days so i didnt even know about it!
does anyone know the link? im a little inept, internet wize. lol
so glad people are talking about this!
niki

refered to weight wise , edmonton june 2010, asessment nov 2011, surg june 2012
Mishyme
on 3/7/12 12:28 am
Stats: HW 311 lbs in Aug 2010, VSG on 10/19/2010, Surgeons goal 208lbs, My Goal 175lbs or less Current 193lbs
Michelle_2975
on 3/7/12 1:59 am - Canada
What? No pic?  :)
Diane G.
on 3/6/12 12:06 pm - winnipeg, Canada
Thanks for sharing your stories with all of us, very brave of you.  You should be proud of what you've accomplished.  I am so glad that the news picked up on this important topic.  I had my surgery in Alberta as Manitoba did not offer it at the time, so happy that Manitobans can access this and we need to make sure it stays accessible (and opens up for men as well).
Diane
cedarstar
on 3/6/12 3:23 pm - Manitoba, Canada
I also listened to the program on cbc. You guys were amazing, I wanted to cry too! My life has changed so much because of this surgery...

Here's the radio link. Is there a video link of part 2 and 3, I found a clip on facebook?

Manitoba weight-loss surgery program's future uncertain.... http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/story/2012/03/06/mb-bariatric-surgery-losing-it.html

hw-251

sw-225

surgeon's goal-170

my goal-135

Michelle_2975
on 3/7/12 1:56 am - Canada
Thank you for all the positive feed back about this. I was so nervous to do this but felt that I should to give us a voice. I thank you Michy for joining me so that I didn't have to do it alone.
Wanda_G
on 3/7/12 9:26 am - Canada

just wanted to let you both know, that you guys did awesome during your segment.
thanks for speaking for all of us.  I had a little cry also during the segment.
great job!

Most Active