When will this hairloss end?

charleenc
on 2/5/12 10:37 pm - Canada

So I am a little over three months out from surgery and for the last couple weeks I have been losing hair non-stop.  Good thing I have thick hair but so much is coming out that it doesn't feel that way anymore and I'm totally freaking out.  Before I used to complain I had too much hair but now I regret ever saying that.   I'm getting in more than enough protein.  Any suggestions on what to do or for those of you who have gone through this any tips????

tuckergirl
on 2/5/12 11:18 pm - Canada
I'm in the same  boat!
I had surgery in August and i'm still losing a CRAZY amount of hair!
People always commented on how thick my hair was but now my Mom is even noticing how thin it's gotten. :(

LilySlim - (tnRU)

Ticker id: tnRU

Mishyme
on 2/6/12 4:41 am
Well Ladies there is nothing you can do!! I have tried upping protein, taking slicia(spelling)......Vitamins.  The only thing that I never tried was POT!!

I lost half of my hair and it is just coming back, the new stuff is about 3 inches long and curly.  My hair is usually poker straight!!  It looks a little weird but at least my ass looks good.

Please do not cut your hair, keep it long, women always look sexier with long hair.(So my hubby says)

Michelle
Stats: HW 311 lbs in Aug 2010, VSG on 10/19/2010, Surgeons goal 208lbs, My Goal 175lbs or less Current 193lbs
Sista10
on 2/6/12 6:05 am - Winnipeg, Canada
I am one of the very few who have had no hair loss.
Did I do anything different? I don't know. Was it just me?don't know
I took Silica and Biotin 6 months before surgery, stopped after surgery for 3 months and now take Biotin 3 x a week.
I also have a serving of almonds everyday, I think the fat in them might help, don't know.

Shan
charleenc
on 2/6/12 11:34 am - Canada
 Thanks ladies and I'm glad that I'm not the only one but it still is freaking me out.  Will keep my hair long since it took for so long to grow it out

justlori
on 2/6/12 11:46 am - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 02/21/12
Oh geez...my hair is already super-thin!  My doctor and hair stylist blame it on my lousy thyroid.    Watch me go bald after surgery...egads!!    Oh 

well...I'll just wear a hat or maybe my ass will look as good as Mishyme's and no one

will notice. 

It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves. Edmund Hillary
HW 282  CW 229  Height 5'9"  NUT Goal: 195-199  My Goal: 175

Sista10
on 2/6/12 12:08 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
Lori I have super thin hair and am on meds for my thyroid and have had no hair loss at 8 mths out
justlori
on 2/6/12 12:13 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 02/21/12
That's great to hear Shannon.  Hopefully I'll be one of the lucky ones like you.  Maybe the secret is in our daily thyroid medication. 

It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves. Edmund Hillary
HW 282  CW 229  Height 5'9"  NUT Goal: 195-199  My Goal: 175

Kokonut
on 2/6/12 12:15 pm
I've lost about 2 thirds of my hair. It's still falling out now, but in a normal way. I haven't done anything different. I figured it would happen and it did. However, now I have a TON of new hair all over my head. Like Mishyme's it's about 3 incheslong  too. This happened to me after each baby and the year I got diagnosed with PCOS it was the worst ever! I know if I take the birth control pill it will slow down the hairloss quite a bit. That's how it worked in the past for me anyways. It started falling out at about 5 mos and didnt slow down until almost a year out. Everyone is different though!

It wont last forever and your hair will grow back
Highest Weight Ever:312 StartW:272 CW:164 SW:253 GW:180  Height 5'10"

Madelaine2000
on 2/7/12 9:22 am
I am watching this thread religiously because this really scares me. After my babies, I lost a lot of hair and now its very thin and curly..but sometimes i have to comb it to hide the scalp. I will be very depressed if I lose a lot more??? I am going to read as much as I can to see what might work and I will report back if I find anything.
Most Active