Another question for you pro's...

mama-of-2
on 11/16/11 10:07 am - Canada

Ok, I've been home for a week and honestly I'm getting maybe 600 calories a day, if that as I'm being generous. But, here's the big but I haven't lost any weight in a week. How can that even be? Not even one pound...in fact a couple of days ago I somehow gained a pound and a bit? What? I'm becoming obsessed.
What do you pro's think is the reasoning?

Sista10
on 11/16/11 12:45 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
Only weigh yourself once a week at the most.
It's normal not to see the scale move for a few weeks after surgery, but that doesn't mean your not losing. Give your body time to adjust, take measurements.
Don't worry
Shan
cedarstar
on 11/16/11 1:13 pm - Manitoba, Canada
The first thing everyone is going to tell you is to stay off the scale. You just had surgery and you were filled with extra fluids and gas. You are swollen and healing. When I came home from the hospital I had gained at least 10 lbs and it took me 2 weeks to get them off. My weight has not come off fast but it is coming off. I returned to work 3 weeks ago and the Y 2 days ago and the weight seems to be moving quicker. While at home I was probably close to the 600 calories now that I'm at work I'm closer to 1000. Don't worry you're doing great and the weight will come off.  

hw-251

sw-225

surgeon's goal-170

my goal-135

sipis
on 11/16/11 2:21 pm
Don't worry!!!!  It's a stall and I had one at the exact same time as you.  I didn't start to lose again until about a week ago.  Your body is freaking out and in survival mode.  It thinks it's starving and is trying to hold onto reserves - it'll get over it when it's ready.  I was super stressed during mine but once it broke things calmed down:)  Yours will break too, it's inevitable but that doesn't make it any less unnerving.  

I don't really look at OH apart from this forum, but if you search "stall" you should find a lot of posts letting you know this is completely normal and expected.  If you don't find anything on here try the community forum on thinnertimes.com.  Whenever I'm freaking out about something I usually search there and someone has usually had the exact same issue before.  They have really great recipes too!  
Kokonut
on 11/16/11 11:09 pm
What Sipis said is true. Your body is freaking out, it's been through a surgery. :) It will settle down and you will start to drop weight once it realizes you are still in fact getting food, even if it's a much smaller amount than it was used to. Just stay off the scale and keep doing the protein and water. :) You'll get the weight loss going very quickly soon. The dreaded 2-3 week stall sometimes happens sooner or later than expected and can happen several times along the way. As long as we keep following the program and try to not stress you'll get through it. At one point I didn't lose for 6 weeks, then WHAM 5 lbs in 2 days. Then 5 lbs more over the next week. So I ended up losing 10lbs in one week. BONKERS...THAT stressed me out too. LOL

Losing too fast was stressful and not losing fast enough was stressful..LOL In any case..I made it to goal and surpassed it. I would venture a guess that by 6-8 weeks out YOU will be the expert on your body and what it needs to work well. By 3-4 months I knew what my loss pattern was and the worry of "I am going to be the only person this doesn't work for" was gone. I think it's all a normal part of the process, to learn to trust our new tummies and use the info we have been given. A whole new world...as Jasmine said to Aladdin...LOL

You go mama!!
Highest Weight Ever:312 StartW:272 CW:164 SW:253 GW:180  Height 5'10"

TotalKa_os
on 11/17/11 5:51 am - Canada
Totally normal...although very frustrating! 
I was so obsessed with that STUPID STALL that I was weighing myself constantly.
I posted about my stall at a week out, and then at 3 weeks. I even went 10 days with out a pound gone.
Keep drinking and don't worry...the surgery was a success. When i have my stalls (which happen every 2 weeks right now), I actually think for a minute , "uh oh, what if the surgery didn't work?"...but it did!
Don't be alarmed if you go another week without losing...you'll see weight loss very soon.

HW: 290 SW: 260 CW: 165 Their goal: 195 My goal: 160

Mrs.Jackatar
on 11/17/11 8:18 am - Pine Falls, Canada
I concur with the rest of the group.  Don't weigh yourself more than once a week.  Go by how you feel and focus on getting your fluids and protein in.  It will all come in time.  We promise... XOXO

Sherry
HW 300 CW 294 DAY OF SURG WEIGHT 267 Height  5'2.5
NUT Goal 180   My Goal  150

mama-of-2
on 11/20/11 6:31 am - Canada
Thanks everyone for your expertise and support. I appreciate it!
....Yup, I'm still in a stall and tomorrow is 2 weeks post op. I'll keep you all posted. Hopefully, it doesn't last much longer...Yeesh!
Most Active