Must have books and update

charleenc
on 11/5/11 5:19 am - Canada
Hi Ladies,

Today has been a great day.  No pain and am starting to feel back to normal.  Getting all my fluids in and have been able to eat greek yogurt and soups so trying to make my own with high protein.  Before surgery I had ordered a few books that just arrived yesterday and I have to say two of them are going to be a lifesaver to me since I can't get in my protein in using the shakes.  Also excited to go to the Eat Clean Seminar with Tosca Reno who is Winnipeg tomorrow.  Going to try to do my new life as Clean as possible. 

The books I ordered are:

The Complete Weight-Loss Surgery Guide and Diet Program (this one was mentioned in the Winnipeg Sun Article recently) and is totally Canadian.  Talks about the types of surgery, pre surgery including the pre-op diet  (a whole little section on Optifast), post op and life after.  It follows the Canadian food guide which is great for us her.  It includes recipes for all the stages.  This morning I made a the Canaidan Pea and Ham soup with 10.6g of protein for 1/2 cup and I don't usually like pea soup but it was yummy.  I decided to make the one with highest protein.

Eating Well after Weight Loss Surgery - this cookbook gives you recipes that can pureed and then made regular when ready to eat normally.  Going to make the Chicken Mushroom soup this afternoon so I have a few varieties.

mama-of-2
on 11/5/11 5:48 am - Canada
Glad to hear your doing so well. That's great!
I haven't read or heard of either of the books. Thanks for the tip...I'll just maybe have to pick them up soon.
I can't wait to have some soup!
J.
seeking_freedom
on 11/5/11 12:18 pm - winnipeg, Canada
RNY on 06/05/12
 who did you order those books through? was it on-line?
they sound great!
thanks.

refered to weight wise , edmonton june 2010, asessment nov 2011, surg june 2012
Most Active