One week today......

charleenc
on 10/23/11 11:49 pm - Canada
Well today marks the halfway mark of my pre-op diet and am actually liking it.  The first few days were rough but it started getting so much easier on Friday.  Am not hungry at all and really am enjoying the chocolate shakes especially with mixed with ice.    Don't even crave anything anymore and am not hungry.  Have more energy then I have had in a while.  Also, am down 5 pounds since I started.

Today is my pre-op appointment at the Vic at 10am  Can't believe that in one week I will be on the losers bench and am so ready to start my new life. 
mama-of-2
on 10/24/11 4:25 am - Canada
I've been thinking about you today thinking you've now completed your first week of shakes. So, I started my shakes today and the first one I had was a chocolate one. I first only added water, which was blah and at about half way thru I added ice. I think that's how I'll drink them all. I drank it with a straw and tried to tell myself it was a milkshake. Kinda believed it. We'll see how the rest of the time goes.
Good luck at your appt at the Vic. Please keep me posted as it's nice to know what's coming or expected.
Take care!
J.
charleenc
on 10/24/11 9:43 am - Canada
Mama, pretty soon your first week will be over and we will be on the loser bench together.  The times like everyone says just flys by. 

The chocolate shakes with ice are very yummy.  Wish I didn't get any vanilla, those are just blah but am trying to drink them in the morning.  Maybe I'm not as awake and they don't taste too bad.

Pre-op at the Vic went very smoothly.  Can't believe how wonderful everyone was.  Had to go to admitting where they verfied by MB Health care and my contact info etc.  Confirmed the surgery time and said I would get a call two days before to confirm the exact time since i might have changed from my letter.  Down to preoperative assessment.  Talked to the nurse and she went through the surgery, wound care, and pre and post op items like eating, drinking etc.  Then saw the anesthesiologist.  it was pretty quick as I take no meds and just explaned what what will happen.  All in all that took 30 minutes. Then to go get bloodwork  which was an hour wait.....for two viles.

Thinkin of you mama and let us know how you are doing. 

mama-of-2
on 10/24/11 1:55 pm - Canada
Super detailed...I love it!
That's crazy, a 2 hour wait for blood work. I guess I'll have to get a babysitter the day I go, either that or come back later in the day after the appt for the blood work.
I too wish I only got the chocolate shakes. I really hate the taste of the vanilla. I only managed to drink 3 shakes today and not the 4 I should have had. Do you know if it's ok if you don't get in all 4 on a regular basis? I'm not really hungry to drink all of them at this point. Are you getting all 4 in daily? The only thing I wish I could have is something with substance even an orange.
Well 1 day down and 13 left...only 6 more days of shakes for you. I am so excited for you!
Later!
J.
Michelle_2975
on 10/25/11 12:13 pm - Canada
Try adding some crystal light to your vanilla shakes.
mama-of-2
on 10/25/11 11:05 pm - Canada
Any specific flavor you'd recommend?
Michelle_2975
on 10/26/11 3:02 am - Canada
Any type. Pick your favourite.
TotalKa_os
on 10/25/11 11:33 pm - Canada
Almost there...only 5 days left!!
Are you a coffee drinker? I LOVED mixing my vanilla shake with coffee, ice and some cinnamon...so good! Plus it would make a lot more (about 700-800 ml) so I could spread it out a bit. It was like having a Starbucks Latte every morning!
Hope you're still feeling well. Take care!
K
HW: 290 SW: 260 CW: 165 Their goal: 195 My goal: 160

Most Active