Pregnancy after VSG??

tuckergirl
on 10/14/11 2:16 pm - Canada
Don't tell my husband I'm asking this...
cause he REALLY wants to have another baby. :) :)

BUT, now that I have my cycles back and can even TELL
when i am ovulating...i can't lie and say that i haven't thought about it.

Curious if any of you have been through pregnancy after VSG?
or know of anyone?

Some people say that you have to wait 2 years, some say 6-12 months.

and VERY curious about the weight gain and if you can lose the weight again
after?  i hate to be selfish but that is my BIGGEST fear.

Ticker id: tnRU

Ticker id: tnRU

TotalKa_os
on 10/14/11 11:43 pm - Canada
Hi!!
I wondered the same thing. Laura told me she recommends a 12-18 month wait.
There is a forum on here for that EXACT thing....and I've been to it several times. Under 'Forums' press 'More'. You should find it on a huge list.
There are lots of women on there that either are trying to get pregnant or have gotten pregnant and it's quite interesting to read what they've been through.
When I was pregnant with my second, I was already quite overweight and my doctor told me that overweight women did not need to gain weight during pregnancy...that they could have healthy babies with out gaining a pound. So I managed to leave the hospital with my little bundle about 10 pounds less than when I got pregnant. (With my daughter on the other hand...60 pounds heavier!).
I love your ticker! Almost 50 pounds lost! That's incredible!
Take care,
K

HW: 290 SW: 260 CW: 165 Their goal: 195 My goal: 160

skyteddy
on 10/18/11 6:17 am
I also think about this all the time i was trying to get pregnant 5 years on and off  before surgery and there was no reason beside obese and to much weight everything else was fine . I applied for this surgery in edmonton 3 years ago and was trying to both lose weight for the program and get pregnant well surgery came first  which was fine but now i am 40 years old and how long do i have to weight to get pregnant some say 15 months i have seen online here that some got pregnant as early as 6 months i have lost a  total of 90lbs and dont want to go back but i still dream of a baby all the time by the way my kids are 14 and 12 so that is another catch they say yes to baby  but  when or if the baby came how will things change. Send any more info that you find take care

Used2Bthin
on 10/22/11 11:20 am - Canada

I was told to wait for 2 years.  This was to ensure that my weightloss was stable and that my food intake was high enough not to effect the babies growth.

Dr. Nohr in Medicine Hat.  Open RNY March 28 2011.  Start weight 253 current weight 122.       
Most Active