Looking For Meal Ideas

Michelle_2975
on 10/4/11 2:03 am, edited 10/4/11 2:07 am - Canada
What is everyone eating? What is a staple in your diet?

I am looking for ideas. I need to try new things and expand my diet. Any help would be appriecated.

Thanks all!

Mich

A dream come true!

fullohope
on 10/4/11 4:33 am
i have been having Liillydale turkey sausages. 2 of them have 9 grams of protein/90 calories.

Chicken souvlaki with tzatziki sauce
I think they are good, and not too much fat.

hummous

pickerel fish

homemade shepherds pie (tend to scrape off 98% of potato)

tofu dessert (does have 13 grams sugar so not sure if appropriate for roux en y or not) i add 5 grams unflavoured protein powder for a total of 10 grams of protein (tofu dessert has 90 calories )

Pureed veggie soup (put unflavoured protein in veggie soup) add parmesan cheese and greek yogurt

meatballs with tomato sauce

chili

fullohope
on 10/4/11 4:34 am
 oops, i meant the turkey sausages don't have too much fat- not the chicken souvlaki! 
Kokonut
on 10/5/11 1:14 am
Chicken with an Asian type sauce(+ 1 tbsp noodle/brown rice/white rice, depends what I have), meat loaf, meat balls, salads with CHUNKS of meat, cheese and boiled egg.

Staple is still cheese meat and eggs. I eat salad and a few fruits that I am not allergic to.(grapes, strawberries, raspberries)

Still drink my protein for breakfast.(PC strawberry, 38gr of protein+ the milk) I find if I start with the shake, I have way less head hunger during the day. On weekends when hubby feeds the kids breakie, I usually eat what he makes. I'm always WAY hungrier on the weekends. LOL

When I go carb crazy for a bit, I do 2 shakes a day, and stick to cheese, eggs and tuna. I do eat multigrain wheat thins with them. I do that for a 2-3 days and I feel much better and back on track.

Hope that helps!

Koko
Highest Weight Ever:312 StartW:272 CW:164 SW:253 GW:180  Height 5'10"

skyteddy
on 10/10/11 2:40 pm
I agree i am always looking for something different to eat if i dont make regular chili or turkey chili i get wendys chili and have chili at least once or twice a week, cheese sticks eggs, salad, greek yogurt i got from the states the kind i got was chobani and it has 14g of protien in it and i also got from the states cottage cheese doubles they have cottage cheese on one side and fruit on the other side and that is 9 grams of protien i have been eating different nuts thoughout the day i been having pistachios lately which may not be as good because of the salt but it has 11g for 1/2 cup i make this lentil and barley soup once a week and that has lots of protien in it but  cant eat too much get really full fast from it  if i do have a salad i add a hard boiled egg,cheese,   sunflower seeds avocodo to try to make the most, i still cant just eat a chicken breat it gets stuck no pork and not eating any pasta or  carbs i have starting taking fiber pills from the states they are chewable and very yummy its like eating a candy because i was not going the washroom or number2 at all i would go 7 days and not go and when i would i could not go very easily and it was like sludge but things are better i love to know what you are eating are you getting anything stuck?

Most Active